Vitali's ATG Ranking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
    Good Post

I will like to point out something though in regards to Vitali and 'era's.

First off can a Green Vitali beat a Tommy Morrison, a Frank Bruno, a Razer Ruddock, a Tyrell Biggs?
    I say Yes.

Can a Prime Vitali beat a Prime Rid**** Bowe, Prime Holyfield, Prime Golota? I say at least 2-1.

Can a OLD Vitali beat a Prime Michael Grant, a Prime David Tua, a Ike etc. Possibly.

Maybe h2h Vitali beats them all. But take into consideration the damage he would have taken if he fought against a long line of punchers and Elite level fighters. Maybe Vitali would have beaten a Prime Bowe, but he would have taken a lot of damage in that fight, more damage then he ever took (bar the tko6). Now say he fights Holyfield after Bowe or even a Ruddock. That's more damage. It adds up, if Vitali was in the 90's era there is NO WAY he will still be fighting at 41 and look as good as he does now. No way. He would have had a much shorter career. So his longevity is in parts due to the fact he fought easier competition.
    I actually like Vitali, reading your long posts is just interesting. So I will like to hear what you have to say about this.

Is his longevity and his success in the later parts of his career in part due to the fact so few of his opponents were elite fighters?

(There is no way you can justify that a Chris Arreloa was better in any shape or form then even a Andrew Golota or a Razer Ruddock in terms of talent)
    I like you.. you say what's on your mind but you're flexible & aren't set or stable in your notions about Vitali's resume unlike most of the biased posters i have to deal with on here.

There's really only two fights where Vitali had to dig down deep & go to the well & that ofcourse is the Lewis fight & the Sanders bout that followed. To me the Sanders bout shows me EVERYTHING i needed to know about his fighting heart.. even more so than in the Lewis bout. Sanders was getting ready to do what no man has ever tried to do & that is to beat the Klitschko empire in succession.

He caught Vitali consistently with the same EXACT shots that knocked his little bro down to the canvas 4 times.

Prime Golota he destroys.. he's bigger stronger.. mentality wise as well.. perhaps not in the same fashion Lewis did but it'd be close.

Prime Holy... that would've been really something to watch.... you have one fighter in Holyfield who never backed down & you have Vitali who never stops throwing leather. Holyfield did show that he could tag both Lewis & Bowe when he had to. Vitali does fight a little taller than them. It would probably be a war but sadly Holy would be worse off as he would be getting hit in this fight because of his fighting & aggressive mentality. Holy would probably be taken the distance losing a unaninimous but hard fought 12 rd decision.

Prime Bowe... now that's interesting.. we know how Bowe fared against Golota who is certainly no Vitali & we know how Vitali fared against Lewis who certainly is no Bowe in terms of fighting style. Bowe struggled with many fighters that weren't in Vitali's league. He could be outboxed for stretches.. what he did well was fighting on the inside.. sadly for him he wouldn't get that close. Vitali is still the bigger man here & Bowe's penchant for going toe to toe wouldn't serve him well here as that would make it that much easier for Vitali who's a mentally sound.. physically stronger bigger version ogf Golota who was tagging Bowe in his sleep.

Grant.. too apprehensive gets destroyed but in a customary 9 rd beatdown... his punch resistance was never all that & so was the mentality.. so perhaps sooner.

Tua is so tailormade for Vitali.. winging predictable shots from the southpaw stance. Vitali would've stopped him inside the distance.. giving him the same abuse LL did but willing to throw more leather & less aprehensive to get Tua out of there... knowing Tua's left hook will never reach him.

Ike.. i really can't tell you... very similar to Holyfield but slightly bigger.. threw alot of shots like Vitali.. I think it would be a great fight.. he struggled with Tua but was the first to get Byrd out of there & that showed tremendous skill to pinpoint a moving target like Byrd & pinpoint exactly where Byrd came to a standstill. Vitali couldn't do this against Byrd. I would say Ike what little we saw of him gives Vitali the biggest headache out of all the fighters mentioned but Tua showed that Ike was willing to get hit to get his own leather in & against Vitali from a distance & jabs coming his way.. he will succumb in 10 or 11 rds.

His longevity stems from the fact that the man can dominate & still lose facets of his game after all the injuries.. He did take nearly 4 years off.. so physically he's about 37 right where Lennox retired... another reason is he doesn't get hit often... throughout his career... he's won 95% of the rds he's fought.. lastly his style & boxing ability is nearly foolproof... there is no known way around it... you can cut him or he'll hurt his shoulder but that's about it.

He stands in the pocket like Tony Montana... tells you to say hello to his little friend... in this case the jab that is waiting for you.. halfway towards you... & while you're preoccupied with that... the right hand is by his waist like a gun holster... both are held low & in position to strike at any given moment & because of this unprecedented offensive & defensive stance.. it's impossible for his opposition to get off more than he does.. the results speak for themselves.. he's outlanded & outthrown every fighter he's ever faced.. he's outjabbed every single fighter.. he's out powerpunched EVERY single fighter WITHOUT any exceptions... to me that SAYS foolproof.. to somebody who is not in the know.. that states luck.. his opponent ****** or it's because he's tall..

TO BE THE ONLY KNOWN RANKED BOXER THAT'S done this is no aberration... you simply will NOT outbox him even if you make him miss all night long or even if you tear his face up.. it won't ever be done.. throw in his size & strength advantages over 99 % of all the boxers who ever fought & you have yourself the favorite in ANY HEAD TO HEAD matchup that can't be created.

Oh & as for Areolla.. not too many pressure heavies that can get off bombs in succesion like he does... how is one dimensional Ruddock any better. Golota did have some skills but we all know how mentally flawed he was. Areolla can fight.. comes forward & throws leather... nothing wrong with that.. except he's not too smart in his technique & can be hit often.
    Last edited by jimmy1569; 09-13-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• His career isn't officially in the books.

Comment

• I put Wladimir inside the top 10 ATG HWs but not Vitali, because of Wlad's beter resume and better boxing skills, and because Wlad has never quit in a fight.

However, I think Vitali would be competitive with any HW in history and he is the only boxer to hold a world HW title in three decades (1990s, 2000s, 2010s). He's dominated a lot of good fighters over a long period of time (Hide, Donald, Sanders, prime Wiliams, Gomez, Arreola, Adamek, etc). And he's never been behind on the cards.

So I rate Vitali between 11-15 ATG heavyweight.

Comment

• At HW? Somewhere between 25-30 most likely. Going off a rough estimate and memory.

Wladimir of course would be much higher.

Comment

• Vitali Klitschko vs Chris Byrd

THE TRUTH

Chris took the fight on just 10 days notice. He lost 4-5 pounds in the days leading to the fight because he couldn't stand German food.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial corner retirement. In the first half, Byrd was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali. Byrd was never hurt, and in the second half of the fight, the blown-up super-middleweight was backing up his foe who outweighed him by 35 lbs. Vitali was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk.

punches landed

Vitali was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to go, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 9th round, Chris was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Vitali for sure if the fight had continued. The brave and smart Byrd destroyed Vitali's rotator cuff by using his Pernell Whitakeresque moves to score the TKO. Here you can see Byrd slowly but steadily teeing off at the Ukrainian rotator cuff. Chris took his heart, his soul, and of course, his rotator cuff. It was a lucky escape for Klitschko.

GIFSoup

After the fight, Chris clowned the **** out of Vitali and made him look like a *****. Vitali tried to make up for having no heart by speaking directly to his fans, but the audience didn't buy it and booed him deservedly.

All the fans at Estrel Convention center cheered for Byrd and booed Vitali after the fight. It is said Byrd ate the rotator cuff he tore apart the following day to try Ukrainian food.

Vitali never looked for a rematch. He instead asked his younger brother to restore the family honor.

Vitali went on to get KTFO by Lennox Lewis. The dominant Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Vitali turned down a Byrd rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by newly crowned IBF champion Chris Byrd.

Chris dominated Vitali and scared his ***** ass into retirement.

Larry Merchant : "I can't believe what I'm seeing. Vitali doesn't have the mentality of a champion. All he had to do was stand in there for 4 rounds, play defense and win the fight."

Chris Byrd : "He quit for some reason. If it was me, I would fight injured, I don't care."

Even Fritz Sdunek was upset and pissed off at Vitali for blatantly ducking a Byrd rematch.

Vitali is scared to death of "rapid fire" Byrd.

If you agree with THE TRUTH, please copy and paste anywhere the truth needs to be told.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
              Vitali Klitschko vs Chris Byrd

THE TRUTH

Chris took the fight on just 10 days notice. He lost 4-5 pounds in the days leading to the fight because he couldn't stand German food.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial corner retirement. In the first half, Byrd was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali. Byrd was never hurt, and in the second half of the fight, the blown-up super-middleweight was backing up his foe who outweighed him by 35 lbs. Vitali was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk.

punches landed

Vitali was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to go, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 9th round, Chris was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Vitali for sure if the fight had continued. The brave and smart Byrd destroyed Vitali's rotator cuff by using his Pernell Whitakeresque moves to score the TKO. Here you can see Byrd slowly but steadily teeing off at the Ukrainian rotator cuff. Chris took his heart, his soul, and of course, his rotator cuff. It was a lucky escape for Klitschko.

GIFSoup

After the fight, Chris clowned the **** out of Vitali and made him look like a *****. Vitali tried to make up for having no heart by speaking directly to his fans, but the audience didn't buy it and booed him deservedly.

All the fans at Estrel Convention center cheered for Byrd and booed Vitali after the fight. It is said Byrd ate the rotator cuff he tore apart the following day to try Ukrainian food.

Vitali never looked for a rematch. He instead asked his younger brother to restore the family honor.

Vitali went on to get KTFO by Lennox Lewis. The dominant Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Vitali turned down a Byrd rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by newly crowned IBF champion Chris Byrd.

Chris dominated Vitali and scared his ***** ass into retirement.

Larry Merchant : "I can't believe what I'm seeing. Vitali doesn't have the mentality of a champion. All he had to do was stand in there for 4 rounds, play defense and win the fight."

Chris Byrd : "He quit for some reason. If it was me, I would fight injured, I don't care."

Even Fritz Sdunek was upset and pissed off at Vitali for blatantly ducking a Byrd rematch.

Vitali is scared to death of "rapid fire" Byrd.

If you agree with THE TRUTH, please copy and paste anywhere the truth needs to be told.
              You got jokes.. son! Where did you get this at a paperback's convention for Klitschko hater's anonymous.... How many rds has Byrd been in there with a Klitschko? Is it safe to say that Byrd has logged in more Klitschko rds than any opponent this side of Peter? How many rds
              out of the 28 or so that he fought either bro has he won? Instead of waiting for the answer i'll give it.. Let's be generous & say Byrd won 1.5 rds vs a Klitschko.

Your whack thread has been DISMISSED... COME BACK WITH some better drivel & stop playing yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                You got jokes.. son! Where did you get this at a paperback's convention for Klitschko hater's anonymous.... How many rds has Byrd been in there with a Klitschko? Is it safe to say that Byrd has logged in more Klitschko rds than any opponent this side of Peter? How many rds
                out of the 28 or so that he fought either bro has he won? Instead of waiting for the answer i'll give it.. Let's be generous & say Byrd won 1.5 rds vs a Klitschko.

Your whack thread has been DISMISSED... COME BACK WITH some better drivel & stop playing yourself.
                Chris Byrd destroyed Vitali Klitschko and took his honor forever

Vitali quitting VS Byrd is like the US quitting in a war VS the Chili because one of their F-16 is broken LMAO

:gay:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                  Chris Byrd destroyed Vitali Klitschko and took his honor forever

Vitali quitting VS Byrd is like the US quitting in a war VS the Chili because one of their F-16 is broken LMAO

:gay:
                  Try... Vitali has so much immense pride that he can't bear not to kick azzzz while in the ring. It's either a beatdown or nothing at all... he chose nothing... deal with it. Vitali can outbox Byrd anytime he feels like it.. he just doesn't have patience for the featherfisted dfensive oriented types that don't like to engage. Wlad has patience & therefore he got the gig. Vitali wants you to engage.. he's not down with the rope a dopes of Byrd & his predecescor Johnson... but you'll still ONLY win one out of the 21 rds fought that Vitali was mandated to fight.. still get outlanded.. outslugged & outboxed like everyone else... kapish!
                  Last edited by jimmy1569; 09-13-2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

you're writing me a book long reply... son! can't wait to not read it LMAO

Comment

Try... Vitali has so much immense pride that he can't bear not to kick azzzz while in the ring. It's either a beatdown or nothing at all... he chose nothing... deal with it. Vitali can outbox Byrd anytime he feels like it.. he just doesn't have patience for the featherfisted dfensive oriented types that don't like to engage. Wlad has patience & therefore he got the gig. Vitali wants you to engage.. he's not down with the rope a dopes of Byrd & his predecescor Johnson... but you'll still ONLY win one out of the 21 rds fought that Vitali was mandated to fight.. still get outlanded.. outsugged & outboxed like everyone else... kapish!

Comment

Working...
                      X