No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fres Oquendo Inching Up The Rankings To WBA Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fres Oquendo Inching Up The Rankings To WBA Shot

Veteran heavyweight contender Fres "Fast Fres" Oquendo (35-7, 23 KO's), who won all three of his three fights in 2012, including one where he captured the vacant WBA Fedelatin championship, will be elevated from the 14th position to a top ten ranking. The WBA is going to place him at number 9 - and that manuever will further motivate the Puerto Rican boxer to pursue another title shot.

[Click Here To Read More]

the ultimate B level fringe contender. he has been on the wrong end of the decisions on multiple fights throughout his career. he should have been the IBF champion back in 2003 vs byrd. almost every fight he lost he either was winning & got caught(ruiz & tua) or he was on the losing end of a close fight. you could have given him victories over toney, byrd, holyfield, mormeck. his loss to oliver mccall in 2011 really hurt him. he was set to be included in an eliminator if he got past the old warhorse but after that loss he had to get back up the ladder. he won a WBA regional title so he is once again in the top 10 in their organization. i always liked fres oquendo.

Comment

I feel bad for this man ,they been tryin to get rid of him since the day he started...they didnt think he had a chance,so they through
      Put him in wit big guns,and once he showed he could make them look bad they would rob em...hes that awkward style its hard to train for...ima fan! War oquendo! I would like to see him wit arreola or ademak

Comment

Oquendo didn't have a bad career. I even think he should have won against Mormeck and Byrd, but I dread the thought of him getting a title shot at this point in his his career.

Comment

Working...
        X