No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Rises To a 4-1 Favorite Over Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    well if this fight will be at 175 instead of 168 i think it would be even...that's what i was talking about. i wouldn't even be surprised if dawson gets the upperhand.
    I think Dawson could win it.......... on the HBO card.

Even at 175 I think the bookmaker would had Ward favourite at around 2/5.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      I don't know why people are trippin for, Ward is simply the all around better fighter, he's much stronger mentally as well. To top it off it doesn't help that Dawson has to go down 7 pounds.
      And it is in Ward's backyard

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Perhaps.

I think amongst fans it would be much more even but the betting odds would most likely be similar.

Ward's the higher regarded fighter at the moment and that's what matters most of the time to the bookies.
        that's because dawson has been beaten once and an old glen johnson gave him a hard time. the thing with dawson is he seems to fight halfhearted at times but if he puts his mind into it he will beat ward at 175 imo.

Comment

I already lost cash on Sturm. Don't let me down Ward! got him at -290 which is pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            that's because dawson has been beaten once and an old glen johnson gave him a hard time. the thing with dawson is he seems to fight halfhearted at times but if he puts his mind into it he will beat ward at 175 imo.
            Yeah that's some of the reasons. Most of the time the bookies just go off who's "hot at the moment" kind of thing.

And whilst I don't personally think Dawson would win at 175 I think it would be more competitive no doubt.

I still think he can win at 168 but only if he can make the weight healthily, which at this point I do have my doubts about.

I'm looking forward to the weigh in to see how Dawson looks. IF he can make the weight and be strong, we have a fight on our hands.

Comment

my dad has 500 on dawson. lol he says he didnt want to considering the fact that its in Ward's hometown and hes undefeated. Hes hoping on Dawsons jab and maybe being slightly bigger to be the difference but hes skeptic

Comment

betting odds are made for betting individuals and frankly though both are not popular, i think the casual boxing fan knows ward for his wide margin of victory and dawson for looking horrible in fights. Not many casual fans saw dioconu or adamek fight but more saw super six and the publicity.

Comment

Dey base da opening odds off research and speculation. Da bettaz out der place heavy bets on a guy so da bookies raise da odds on dat guy because otherwise, they'd be paying out a lot of lucci on an easy thing so dey lessen dey losses by decreasin your winnings. It forces people to bet on da undadog in hopes of a big payout so they can cover der losses on all da over bets.

Comment

I like that number on Dawson

Comment

Been speculation that Dawson may have been KO'd by Miranda in sparring. Can't confirm or anything, just a rumour i've heard. May wanna check around see if you can find anything

Comment

Working...
                      X