Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Explains Barker, Macklin Slow Starts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for September 15th. Either Sergio will humble Chavez, or Chavez will rock the boxing world and beat him. I'm going with Sergio on this one though, Chavez is way too easy to hit for a left hand accurate and hard puncher like Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
      I like watching Sergio,

but for some reason all this bad mouthing has turned me away from him. It's good to show he's confident, but now he can't keep quiet. Never really was a fan of JCC.Jr, but he can make this a great fight to check Martinez .
      It may be a big shock to you, but boxers use the media to build up fights. It isn't like he was even chasing the reporters. Do you really see him as a nasty guy?..

Comment

why sergio didn't explain why he chose a 154 fighter for a 160 title fight?...

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
          why sergio didn't explain why he chose a 154 fighter for a 160 title fight?...
          I think because no one wanted to fight him after the P Will fight. There was that one kid who knocked out Jacobs but where is he now? Martinez moved up from 154 to 160 and became champ of the division because no one wanted it with him at 154, so I'm not giving him no s#!t.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Too bad JCC Jr. can't box
            That's fine. I didn't have him in mind when I said that. Some parts of JCCJ style plays right into Martinez hands

Comment

Sergio has nothing to explain, macklin is a good fighter. People sleep onnhim because he has no name in the us, but he can best a lot of good fighters and give them all trouble.

Barker on then other hand didn't give Sergio much to work w. If you never boxed before, you have no idea how hard it is to go after someone who is fighting safe.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Sergio has nothing to explain, macklin is a good fighter. People sleep onnhim because he has no name in the us, but he can best a lot of good fighters and give them all trouble.

Barker on then other hand didn't give Sergio much to work w. If you never boxed before, you have no idea how hard it is to go after someone who is fighting safe.
                These guys on here are mostly commercial boxing fans and if they don't know a fighters name then he is automatically considered a bum. It's about skills as a fighter not how many people know you. Chavez Jr is not better than Macklin or Barker.

Comment

People that put any sort of stock in Martinez's loss to Margarito are clueless. It's like saying you know how to beat Pacquiao because you saw the tape of him being knocked out by Singsurat.

Comment

Margarito may be a cheater and a limited fighter, but he taught a green Martínez the value of work ethic. He was a beast and always trained hard. Martinez has mentioned that lesson in previous interviews in Spanish. After his loss, he discovered he had to train harder if he wanted to reach the top of the sport. It was a transformative experience, and a new beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      These guys on here are mostly commercial boxing fans and if they don't know a fighters name then he is automatically considered a bum. It's about skills as a fighter not how many people know you. Chavez Jr is not better than Macklin or Barker.
                      May not be better then both but he sure is stronger then both and a body pressure fighter which both are not.

The smart Pressure will get to Martinez, and another TKO will happen./

Comment

Working...
                      X