No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman-Khabib Allakhverdiev WBA Title Bout Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Awesome. I was hoping Allakhverdiev would get a major oppertunity like this just didn't expect it so soon. Little Tyson? Isn't Guzman a pseudo slickster more than a banger or am i thinking of the wrong guy? Why has Guzman been so inactive the last several years?
    He was a big puncher early in his career. That how he got the name. Mostly weight issues, burning bridges I would assume.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Awesome. I was hoping Allakhverdiev would get a major oppertunity like this just didn't expect it so soon. Little Tyson? Isn't Guzman a pseudo slickster more than a banger or am i thinking of the wrong guy? Why has Guzman been so inactive the last several years?
      Guzman has been so inactive because boxers top of each category in which he has fought, have been reused to fight him ... Ask the managers Valero (RIP), Pacquiao, Marquez JM, Khan, Etc. ..

Comment

Guzman has had to fight some of the toughest, but least notable opposition in the divisions he's been in; Khabib is no different. He looks the part of a good fighter after handling Mabuza a lot easier than Judah and how Holt couldn't. Winning against Khabib will be tough and, other than winning a bargaining chip that is the WBA title, it won't guarantee a big fight, but he'll be in a better position than he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by tostao View Post
          joan guzman was the best boxer at 122 lbs., at 140 he's not even top 20
          0_o Says who?
          You?

Comment

all i know is that guzman loss to funeka. this russian kid is a killer. has some real dynamite in his fists. little tyson(yea right!) better be ready, or it's lights out.

Comment

Yarn.........................

Comment

Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post
                all i know is that guzman loss to funeka. this russian kid is a killer. has some real dynamite in his fists. little tyson(yea right!) better be ready, or it's lights out.
                A very wet dinamite with a 41% KO ratio...

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                  Dude are you obsessed with him coming in overweight or what? Everyone knows about his past issues and from what I've seen as of late he has looked to be in very good shape. Also, I am pretty sure he knows that messing things up just one more time is pretty much the end of him.

What do you mean obsessed? I've said one thing regarding his weight...

I am a fan of Guzman but Its not not as if he has only missed weight a few times & by a couples of lbs. Yeah he looks in shape & seems to be making a nice run but tbh with you, I think we all have it in the back of our mind.

And past issues? It was only two fights back he missed weight again.

Comment

JOAN is great and this is not an easy fight like the last three,yes JOAN could be also IBF lightweight world champion if he didn't overweight in his rematch victorious vs FUNEKA but we have to say the truth that FUNEKA won the first fight;anyway i believe JOAN is one of the best boxer/fighter i've ever seen because his talent is without limits,if only trained more/better!!!GUZMAN will be three divisions world champ and if BRANDON RIOS want to fight him,well i believe this can be an historic fight but my immagination is running too much now...perhaps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      What do you mean obsessed? I've said one thing regarding his weight...

I am a fan of Guzman but Its not not as if he has only missed weight a few times & by a couples of lbs. Yeah he looks in shape & seems to be making a nice run but tbh with you, I think we all have it in the back of our mind.

And past issues? It was only two fights back he missed weight again.
                      Yeah, I guess I can't argue with you there...specially since in one of those fights he had to weight himself more than once. It is in the back of my mind too but I'm just thinking that he can't be that stupid and should know that if he comes in overweight just once that his career is doomed for good. So, this is why I keep thinking that he has to take this serious. He has to know that it's do-or-die this time around. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X