No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Vows a Brutal Beating on Martinez Until The KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
    can you explain to me why you only mentioned these names?... can you mention other boxers worth telling that martinez had fought?... pavlik was drunk, pwill was untested at middleweight so is dzinziruk... and macklin was average at best... what's your point in bring those names up?...
    Can you really question the quality of Sergio's opponents and then look at Junior's record and keep a straight face? I tried and I laughed my a$$ off when I compared the two.

Comment

Al Maraputo se lo van a meter por donde le gusta!

Comment

no no no I respectfully disagree. I dont think you understand the style. Most everyone seems to think that sergio is dancing too much or just jumps in like nasim hamed or something. To most it looks like he doesn't know how to keep his hands up or have defense but the hands are down for a reason. He is athletic enough and quick enough to make you think you can hit him. Its not just a ****y style. Im not saying this as a casual observer. I do box and cant tell you it takes amazing athleticism and stamina to fight the way he does.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I'm sure Martinez is aware of Chavez body attack

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
            You're mad as hell lmao. Berto, Peterson, Tarver, RJJ, Mosley etc are all cheaters.

Margarito is already known as Martinez' papi, now Martinez will get adopted by his new father, LA DINERO DE VACA
            his papi? I've always thought it strange how often people say that sort of weird ******uous saying. Anyway that was 12 years ago sergio is much better even at 37. He really hadn't been fighting that long then. And Margarito was much better than jr. If you watch the fight you can see the athleticism is there of course but his skills are not as fine tuned. I think its possible chavez wins. Some people
            whose boxing knowledge I respect who think Chavez will win so I'm entertaining the idea. But think every time chavez opens up to throw those wide shots he gonna get his head snapped back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              Can you really question the quality of Sergio's opponents and then look at Junior's record and keep a straight face? I tried and I laughed my a$$ off when I compared the two.

yes can we all agree that beating andy lee in a phone booth is the only credible win chavez has? Zbik beat his asssssss

Comment

pavlik was bigger than him, williams was certainly taller than him and has i think a 7 inch reach advantage though he doesnt use it, macklin was bigger, cintron was the same size, and I dont know how many of us know much about his other opponents but I've never seen martinez ballooning up 20 pounds after weigh in.

Comment

chavez will win

You guys who say Chavez will not stand a chance, look at the Martinez vs margarito fight. His style has not changed, as a matter of fact he was a lot faster then. The only difference is Chavez has better balance, better footwork, more power and a little faster than margarito. Chavez will win this fight , mark my words.

Comment

i personally don't care who wins this fight, u know why? cuz it's gonna be such a great fight that im gonna be too entertained to care who wins...martinez's style is so awkward to fight, like a roy jones jr almost...and chavez is a classic mexican brawler...plus martinez isn't afraid to throw hands and make it rough either, thats whats gonna make it such a great fight...plus theres alvarez vs lopez the same night....if lopez fights the same way he fought victor, he has a very good chance of winning, lopez just needs to remember that alvarez is a lot bigger than victor and stronger...september 15th = a great night for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      i personally don't care who wins this fight, u know why? cuz it's gonna be such a great fight that im gonna be too entertained to care who wins...martinez's style is so awkward to fight, like a roy jones jr almost...and chavez is a classic mexican brawler...plus martinez isn't afraid to throw hands and make it rough either, thats whats gonna make it such a great fight...plus theres alvarez vs lopez the same night....if lopez fights the same way he fought victor, he has a very good chance of winning, lopez just needs to remember that alvarez is a lot bigger than victor and stronger...september 15th = a great night for boxing
                      Almost with you until you said that. Chavez used to be the classic Mexican brawley. He's more the boxer-puncher nowadays. Oh, he will go for the kill with harsh aggression if he sees his opponent hurt, don't get me wrong. But he is far from being a brawley. His father...now he was a brawley, and he had the chin to do it. Jr may have a good chin, but he doesn't put it out there nowadays to test. That's smart, though.

I think the fight is a good 55/45. I give the slightest edge to Martinez due to his experience. I think he's the smarter fighter, and I think that will make all the difference in this fight. Should be one hell of a scrap, thoug, I'll give you that!

Comment

Working...
                      X