Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    what fight does khan fight??? he fights the same fight over and over. what is his fight?? khan isnt a boxer. he has never been. hes beat some good guys, dont get it wrong, but that was in spite of obvious flaws. khan will always have trouble with a counter puncher on the level of guzman. so yes, like i said, hes just simply not that good. unless u wanna tell me what kinda fighter khan is that makes him that good ill stick to my original assessment. what does khan do well? he has amazing speed and decent power. his footwork is ****, his defense is d level at best, hes not too smart and he gasses midway thru the fight. am i lying about all of these things??
    I agree with this post,but Khan is a fighter who overwhelms his opponent with his talent...If his opponent stands up to his barrage he can take it to Khan and expose his flaws(Peterson and Garcia)..If you even look at when Khan fought Paulie M,Paulie was catching Khan but did not have any power to effect Khan..But if Paulie had power(even a lil bit)he would have caused Khan major problems...

Khan is a offensive fighter who relies on his talents to see him threw..Fighters like this never have long longevity,Khans was just shorter then usual...

Comment

it is sad that there are so many khan haters and people that put him down. he always wants the hardest fights and tries to make the most exciting ones available to him. guzman is high risk low reward, how many other guys would want to fight him? i can tell you .... not many.

i can't think of one Khan fight that wasn't entertaining. he may not be the smartest fighter and have a soft chin, but he has a big heart and isn't scared to fight anyone. he should get way more props for that.

Comment

I love this fight. Props to Amir.

Comment

and khan is done!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Smart move by Khan..Guzman is good enough for most fans not to turn their noses up towards it..But let's be real,Guzman is not in the class of Khan..If Khan should lose this fight his career is over...Khan still has more advantages then Guzman,and I don't even know when was the last time I was impressed by Guzman..IMO this is a tune up fight and a damn good one..Smart move by team Khan...
            You try waaaaaay too hard to demean Khan's opponents.

According to you Garcia was meant to be a walk in the park for Khan if i remember correctly.

Think it's safe to assume that Khan just isn't that good no matter how hard you try to discredit Khan's choice of opponent. Guzman will be a tough fight for Khan, and sure as **** shouldn't be considered a tune up fight

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
              it is sad that there are so many khan haters and people that put him down. he always wants the hardest fights and tries to make the most exciting ones available to him. guzman is high risk low reward, how many other guys would want to fight him? i can tell you .... not many.

i can't think of one Khan fight that wasn't entertaining. he may not be the smartest fighter and have a soft chin, but he has a big heart and isn't scared to fight anyone. he should get way more props for that.
              Are you kidding with this post??The name of the game is to hit and not get hit..The same way the name of the game is to win,not to lose exciting fights..This is what's wrong with Khan now,he most likely has people in his corner who think just like you..Which is why he does not get better and comes out to try to KO somebody when(News Flash)he is not a knockout puncher..

Every young fighter is trying to make great fights..Granted there are some exceptions,lol..HBO is the biggest reason for this failed way of thinking..Oh he got KO'd in an exciting fight so he should be commended..What the hell kinda thinking is that??This is boxing and every fighter who steps in the ring is a warrior in my book,and no a loss does not end ya career..But damn HBO and his fans should hold him to a higher standard then this..Just last yr he was supposed to be ready for May,on Bradley's level and the next big thing smoking..Since he's lost to a mid level fight in Peterson and knocked clean out by a young pup rushed to the top...

I'm not hating,but I'am going to hold Khan to higher standards...He ran his mouth so time to put up or shut up..Guzman is a good fighter,but that good that I should be doing cartwheels that Khan is fighting him...This is a solid tune up fight bro,that if Khan can't win..He should really consider hanging um up...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                You try waaaaaay too hard to demean Khan's opponents.

According to you Garcia was meant to be a walk in the park for Khan if i remember correctly.

Think it's safe to assume that Khan just isn't that good no matter how hard you try to discredit Khan's choice of opponent. Guzman will be a tough fight for Khan, and sure as **** shouldn't be considered a tune up fight
                LOL majority of this forum and boxing experts thought Garcia was not ready for Khan(I never said walk in the park check my threads you'll see I have a whole thread dedicated to that fight)Garcia was rushed along to fight Khan there is no denying that..Yet Khan the more experienced fighter was KO'd and made to look out of his league..Don't be mad at me for holding Khan to the standards the media and his fans hold him to...

When was Guzman's last meaningful win??Was it against Funeka??Stop it bro..Like I said tune up,maybe you should stop worrying so much about what I think and pay attention to what goes on around you..Might help ya out there slick...

Comment

To me i think khan's comeback fight should be against Timothy Bradley. we all know khan has called him out in the pass, and this fight is way over do. Tim is feather fisted ( only 12 KO's) so he wouldn't inflict too much damage to khan. and fact of the matter, Pacquiao won't fight Bradley again.

A win for khan could put him right back in the loop and start to rebuild his confidence again.

Now as far as Guzman i would love to see him fight Adrien Broner @ 140lbs. now that would be an interesting fight.

Comment

SMH! @ Khan, he is really just a flash in a pan IMO, has a lot of skill and talent to be great but lacks the defs, and chin to be. But I like to watch his fights because I know there is a good chance I could see a huge KO LOL!

Comment

Hope Khan takes a tune up before this fight, this could be career ending.

Comment

Working...
                      X