Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
    Guzman wants it alot more. khan just got ko'd and has taken more punishment then guzman and hes 10 years younger. khan doesnt have the skill to beat guzman. guzman has never hit the canvas and guzman possesses more skill then any of khans past opponents which is why i doubt khan takes this fight.
    I don't agree that Guzman possesses more skill then Kotelnik or Judah...I think Guzman is a solid fighter,but I think Khan could beat him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      It's so weird,a lot of the same people in this thread talking about Guzman's gonna KO Khan...Were some of the same people saying that Peterson should not share a ring with Khan just recently...I feel Peterson is better then Guzman..I don't know when Guzman has install so much confidence in so many..Interesting..
      I think it has more to do with people's lack of faith in Khan than belief in Guzman. Peterson exposed how limited Khan is and Garcia how physically fragile and vulnerable he is. Add to that that Khan must be in turmoil right now and confidence wise at a low it is not difficult to see why many would back Guzman.

Comment

• my man AK raising the bar like a weight lifter on these soft ass fighters....soft touch?...AK don't believe in those as yall can see....HEART!!!!...not every fighter has one as big as Khan's...proven!!!

with that said, wrong dude at the wrong time imo...Guzman can rumble better than the average fighter...he's far from the average Joe that dudes like Canelo and Broner are beating up...again I salute Khan's bravery and I do believe he can ice Guzman...not easy work, but not mission impossible by any means...but still, not the dude I would've suggested for him atm

Comment

• Overall I foresee a grime future for kahn

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Amir Khan may be a whiny bitch at times but man does he challenge himself.
            Pretty much, he takes tough fights against no names... To prove himself? Ok

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Then he might as well retire now.

he should retire or take a legit tune up fight / go through the legit tune up process

he can make his way back to the top for paydays. that's how this business has always worked. khan won't get any better at this point.

the guzman fight is a horrible idea if you're amir khan's team. there is no getting around that.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                he should retire or take a legit tune up fight / go through the legit tune up process

he can make his way back to the top for paydays. that's how this business has always worked. khan won't get any better at this point.

the guzman fight is a horrible idea if you're amir khan's team. there is no getting around that.
                That's why I dint get why ppl get upset when ppl say its a bad fight for his team. It is. It's a great fight for us tho. Lol. But that doesn't change the fact that his team would be taking s huge gamble here. That's just the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  That's why I dint get why ppl get upset when ppl say its a bad fight for his team. It is. It's a great fight for us tho. Lol. But that doesn't change the fact that his team would be taking s huge gamble here. That's just the truth.
                  agree on on the fun factor, hoss

i wont pretend that i dont like this sport, or good matches. this is a good match. khan is a warrior.

it will be sad to see him washed up by his 26th or 27th birthday, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Khan's ranginess will serve a serious problem, more so now that he's coming off two straight loses, last one being by stoppage. Guzman, at this advanced age, will struggle to cut the ring off, this while attempting to evade Khan's punches. Granted Guzman's punching technique has improved, turning the punches over more, I don't think he's the puncher most in this thread are making him out to be. I've always said I'd pick Guzman against anyone at '40, but I don't like his chances against Khan. Winning rounds alone will be tough and I don't think Khan gets stopped or dropped in this one either. If Joan comes in with the kind of conditioning he showed against Soto, which was years ago, then I'd gladly pick him, right now I'm on the fence with this.
                    Khan doesn't look good against moving targets. Paulie and Zab were standing in front of him and they got picked apart. McCloskey was giving him angles and had good footwork and upper body movement and made Khan miss a lot. Not only is Guzman better defensively but after he makes you miss, he makes you pay. He will land looping counters over Khan's repetitious straight punches.

Comment

• Guzman has a good counter left hook. Khan and left hooks don't get on.

Comment

Working...
                      X