Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    From what we've seen from Guzman in the past few yrs,I think it's safe to say Khan should beat him easy...But If Khan has not cleaned up his act he just might lose...But let's be real,at this point Khan should beat Guzman fairly easy..
    Guzman wants it alot more. khan just got ko'd and has taken more punishment then guzman and hes 10 years younger. khan doesnt have the skill to beat guzman. guzman has never hit the canvas and guzman possesses more skill then any of khans past opponents which is why i doubt khan takes this fight.

Comment

• I don't think Golden Boy will let this fight happen, Guman is better than Garcia but doesn't bring nearly the same amount of viewers and he doesn't have a title. Only way Guzman fight Khan is if he beats Allahkverdiev and becomes the interim WBA champ. Then there would be some incentive for Khan to fight him.

But If they do fight I see Guzman beating Khan up, possible stoppage midway. He'll slip and roll Khan's straight shots and will come back with some nasty counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        i think ur off. ive seen his last 3 fights. and while the opposition has been weak. guzman has looked bout strong and very very focused. khan's self confidence is riding low and guzman, a very dangerous fighter, has something to prove. i dunno if u call this the making of an upset but its a perfect storm. props to khan for considering it. but man, its hard not to like guzman in this fight.
        Hey I can see where a lot of peoples confidence has fallen a bit here..But not that much to where everyone really believes Guzman is as big a threat as so many make it out to be...Guzman is a solid fighter,but he is no better then Kotelnik Judah(even tho he did win)Peterson...I'm just saying a yr ago nobody would have pick Guzman in this fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Hey I can see where a lot of peoples confidence has fallen a bit here..But not that much to where everyone really believes Guzman is as big a threat as so many make it out to be...Guzman is a solid fighter,but he is no better then Kotelnik Judah(even tho he did win)Peterson...I'm just saying a yr ago nobody would have pick Guzman in this fight...
          I would have picked Guzman a year ago. I'd even go as far to say that from a technical standpoint, he's landslides better than Khan. Guzman has an assortment of punches he can throw and at various angles. Not only that, his style is reminiscent of Sweet Pea. Even though he got devoured by Funeka in their first fight, he fought him in an immediate rematch and did much better (despite not attempting to make weight). If this bout gets made, easy work for Guzman.

Comment

• horrible decision if it happens for Amir

dude needs to rebuild himself

Comment

• If Guzman wins the WBA... or whatever title they had lined up for him.... they'll make a fight.

Comment

• I can see Guzman beating him, and as a Guzman fan, I hope this happens. Guzman has the power to KO Khan without a doubt. I hope this happens.

Comment

• Khan's ranginess will serve a serious problem, more so now that he's coming off two straight loses, last one being by stoppage. Guzman, at this advanced age, will struggle to cut the ring off, this while attempting to evade Khan's punches. Granted Guzman's punching technique has improved, turning the punches over more, I don't think he's the puncher most in this thread are making him out to be. I've always said I'd pick Guzman against anyone at '40, but I don't like his chances against Khan. Winning rounds alone will be tough and I don't think Khan gets stopped or dropped in this one either. If Joan comes in with the kind of conditioning he showed against Soto, which was years ago, then I'd gladly pick him, right now I'm on the fence with this.

Comment

• I like this match up a lot. If Khan gets knockout again his team is brainless for taking this fight. If Guzman KO's Khan he's famous and back on track.

Comment

• It's so weird,a lot of the same people in this thread talking about Guzman's gonna KO Khan...Were some of the same people saying that Peterson should not share a ring with Khan just recently...I feel Peterson is better then Guzman..I don't know when Guzman has install so much confidence in so many..Interesting..

Comment

Working...
                      X