Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    you cant keep getting knocked out. khan has been getting badly hurt in victory and defeat for a long time now. he's getting rocked, recovering, and then being rocked again. that's not good for you. if he loses to guzman it will likely be via kayo. i'm not saying that khan cannot win, but guzman is a hitter, and khan is there to be hit.

if he gets stopped again he could very well retire. it's bad for your career, but it's also bad for your health.

i wouldn't fight a puncher, or a guy with a pulse, if i were khan's handlers. guzman could show up in poor shape and khan could bounce back with a nice win. or he could get knocked unconscious, the way he went out against prescott.

an example: while roy jones was completely kayo'd against tarver and johnson, and khan was not against garcia, but the fact remains that two stoppage losses essentially ruined roy jones junior. that's roy jones you're talking about. this is amir khan.

if khan keeps getting knocked out his brains will turn to mush. his speech already sounds bad.

bring him back to england for a ten rounder against a no hoper.
    Then he might as well retire now.

Comment

• khan's people aren't seriously this dumb are they?

Maybe there thinking "oh lets get a guy that can't punch that hard" but I'm telling you, Guzman has some pop and enough power to KO khan, he's been sitting down on his shots lately.

Comment

• screw Guzman, fatass should just go away
        slew of names at 140 for Khan to choose from
        he can beat Garcia in a rematch if he smartens up a bit
        and haven't heard anything about him still wanting to go to WW or not
        if he does, there's still unfinished business with Bradley
        nobody gives a fuck about Guzman, waste of time

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          khan's people aren't seriously this dumb are they?

Maybe there thinking "oh lets get a guy that can't punch that hard" but I'm telling you, Guzman has some pop and enough power to KO khan, he's been sitting down on his shots lately.
          Yeah but against who? Everyone has enough pop to ko Khan but only 2 guys have done it and he has fought more than two guys with pop. Khan will dominate Guzman and get no credit aftertwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Yeah but against who? Everyone has enough pop to ko Khan but only 2 guys have done it and he has fought more than two guys with pop. Khan will dominate Guzman and get no credit aftertwards.
            You might not give him credit, but I will. Beating Guzman puts him in contention for a title again, it's a rebuilding process. A risky, but respectable way to rebuild.

Comment

• So disappointed with Guzman. He easily could have been the Trinidad or Pacquiao of the Dominican Republic, but basically threw it all away, how disappointing. A Khan/Guzman fight should have been a big time PPV superfight, what a waste on both guy's parts.

Comment

• This is a huge gamble on Khan's career here. It should be a fun fight while it lasts.

Comment

• I will root for Khan but with his chin and low boxing IQ, I dont pick him against any live opponent anymore.

Comment

• Oh man I don't want to see this... Guzman is going to embarrass Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Linares was unproven himself..Khan has at least beat some creditable fighters...Who did Linares beat??

Guzman has also underachieve,and has'int really done anything for me to see him beating Khan at this moment..IMO it feels like a tune up..I'm not making Juan Guzman more of a threat then I seen Garcia to Khan..He has done nothing to make me feel this way...

This is boxing and anything can happen..Anyone could lose,would you bet ya rent money on it,that Guzman could beat Khan??Hell I would not even put 20bucks on that bet..But I feel confident in betting on Khan,because he has shown me more...
                      Khan obviously can win rounds. In every fight he has won more than 6 rounds I believe with or without deductions. However, his chin is his main weakness. People can say that he has a bad defence and the rest of it, but every fighter gets hit, every fighter. Now, Khan has a chin that it is certain that he may lose in every fight. I really do think Ariza did a great job with Khan's legs, which helped him a lot in terms of staying up.

Khan has the speed and ability to win rounds, but 12 rounds is an awful long time to avoid big shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X