Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior is going to quit like a puto at the Thomas & Mack Center just like his daddy did tonight

Comment

• War Maravilla!!!
      Junior is going to be taught to respect his elders...

Comment

• Say what you want but underestimating Chavez Jr by expecting him to be afraid of you when he will have 10 pounds on you and he can take a punch is foolish. Martinez better have a plan B.

He just made me look at this fight in a different way. If Chavez starts eating those bombs it will be Marg/Cotto 1. Mark that shyt down.

Interesting. Cant wait to see this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Say what you want but underestimating Chavez Jr by expecting him to be afraid of you when he will have 10 pounds on you and he can take a punch is foolish. Martinez better have a plan B.

He just made me look at this fight in a different way. If Chavez starts eating those bombs it will be Marg/Cotto 1. Mark that shyt down.

Interesting. Cant wait to see this.
          I don't think he has ever tasted a Martinez punch...we will see how well he takes absorbs them...

Comment

• Wonder how slow the ref will count when Chavez hits the deck

Comment

• I could definitely see a scenario where Martinez comes out with guns blazing, catches Junior and hurts him, but ends up burning up all his energy trying for the KO and gets stopped late from exhaustion. Too much passion and anger isn't a good thing in the ring. It makes you fight foolish. Martinez gasses late anyway. If he tries to end it early he could be handing Junior the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                I don't think he has ever tasted a Martinez punch...we will see how well he takes absorbs them...
                Yeah Martinez seems to be way too into it emotionally so if his assumptions arent correct he will be done mentally and then its pretty much a wrap.

Hes setting himself up for a letdown. Way too angry.

Comment

Yeah Martinez seems to be way too into it emotionally so if his assumptions arent correct he will be done mentally and then its pretty much a wrap.

That's when we'll know if the fight is interesting or not. If the middle rounds come, Chavez is still there and still strong, and Martinez starts taking rounds off, we may have a good fight on our hands. Those middle rounds will determine the fight.

Comment

I just see Martinez ready for war...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
                      Junior is going to quit like a puto at the Thomas & Mack Center just like his daddy did tonight

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol

Originally posted by ocelot View Post
                      I could definitely see a scenario where Martinez comes out with guns blazing, catches Junior and hurts him, but ends up burning up all his energy trying for the KO and gets stopped late from exhaustion. Too much passion and anger isn't a good thing in the ring. It makes you fight foolish. Martinez gasses late anyway. If he tries to end it early he could be handing Junior the fight.
                      Sergio hasn't developed a pattern of gassing late, he switches to a high gear in the championship rounds and forces his opponent to fight when he wants to.

Sergio has already stated that he's trying to use Chavez's youth against him with all the trash-talking he's doing, he's trying to make Jr. react outside and inside the ring. The more Chavez opens up, the easier the night will be for Martinez.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 09-15-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X