Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Sr. was watching the tapes, he was "advising" Jr. to keep the fight in the middle. Centre ring is obviously not where Jr. will be dominant. It is, as always, a ploy; no way would Jr.'s camp want to give away a vital piece of his gameplan on TV. He was also "suggesting" Jr. throw 1-2 and move off to the side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
      When Sr. was watching the tapes, he was "advising" Jr. to keep the fight in the middle. Centre ring is obviously not where Jr. will be dominant. It is, as always, a ploy; no way would Jr.'s camp want to give away a vital piece of his gameplan on TV.
      Gameplan? Oh, I'm sorry. You must have Sergio Martinez confused with somebody who actually poses a threat to Chavez Jr.

At the end of the day, two half-naked men are going to get in a ring and punch each other in the face for the applause of a drunken, rowdy crowd.

There is no gameplan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
        When Sr. was watching the tapes, he was "advising" Jr. to keep the fight in the middle. Centre ring is obviously not where Jr. will be dominant. It is, as always, a ploy; no way would Jr.'s camp want to give away a vital piece of his gameplan on TV. He was also "suggesting" Jr. throw 1-2 and move off to the side.
        i dont think that was a ploy.....Chavez Sr was saying that Martinez throws much less and is not dangerous in the center...he has a point.Martinez likes to use your momentum against you, he does the bigger damage when he is pressured and he counters... If you see the fight versus Macklin, Macklin stayed at center ring, and he did good...Macklin has better skills than Junior though...his jab and movement is much faster.....Junior is also a way bigger target....What worked for Mack wouldn't work for Jr.

Comment

• Whats dinero de vaca???

Comment

• Originally posted by ugly2000 View Post
            Whats dinero de vaca???
            el dinero de vaca = the cash cow = nickname for Chavez Jr

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Roach seems really annoyed with him.

I feel like Chavez is gonna get a beating.

He just doesn't seem serious enough in his camp and demeanor.
              yes, a lot of mexican fans would be teary-eyed for sure

Comment

• The more tape I watch on Chavez, the better I think about his chances to win

Martinez is not going to be able to run from this guy. Except for his footwork and reflexes, martinez has no defense.

You can say what you want about Chavez, but he knows how to get to his guy. He always waits for the right moment to strike, he waits for you to expend your energy, and then he strikes.

Even if chavez can't get to martinez's body early, and everything he tries fails, then he's just going eat punches and bull rush to his body. There's nothing Martinez can do to prevent chavez from getting to his body and take his legs from under him.

And if Martinez doesn't run, and he goes for the knockout like he's saying, then he's already lost. All of this combined with the considerable size and age advantage for Chavez, and I can't see him losing.

Paul Williams was just a pure brawler, but chavez is an intelligent brawler. He's always thinking, and he has the mind of a warrior. Sergio just has the mind of an athlete.

Comment

• So much fail in one post......sigh.

Comment

• Paul Williams in his prime wouldve damn near killed Chavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      Paul Williams in his prime wouldve damn near killed Chavez.
                      idont know about that..margo was'nt such an easy fight for williams at all and chavez is HUGE with the same type of chin and similar workrate

Comment

Working...
                      X