No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Grzegorz Proksa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    Proska ALL DAY...I'm so BOLD...he will beat 3G up in style!!
    wanna wager?

Comment

GGG knocks him out.

Comment

Proksa will put up a good fight in the early rounds, but he'll eventually get KOed by Golovkin. It will be an entertaining fight.

Comment

Any more room on the Golovkin bandwagon? Sign me up

Comment

Golovkin is a beast for sure and has been getting a lot of hype lately from the west coast. He's strong, purposeful and hits with serious authority. His only grueling fight (besides Ian garner, who gave him a decent go but without intensity) was Kassim Ouma. Golovkin had to labor in that fight and got hit plenty. Ouma was incredibly brave in that fight and somewhat in it. If Ouma had more power, it may have been a different outcome.

Proska is a lefty like Ouma and although he has quite a different style, he is difficult to hit and has very sharp reflexes. He will find Golovkin with plenty of shots and he has good power. Proska could upset the straightforward Golovkin, but of course Golvkin will make him work for it, every step of the way. Great match-up!

Comment

Proksa will win ud.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                I've said this time and time before.....who exactly has Chavez Jr fought that makes him this fabulous, superb boxer who is going to light up guys for years to come? His two best wins have been Lee and Zbik, and Zbik he barely survived, with a majority decision.........you say Zbik was a good fighter? Fine, I agree.....but then you better not be one of those guys who likes to discredit Sturm, because Sturm absolutely demolished Zbik and had no trouble with him whatsoever. Lee was a good win. That was his first real step up in competition, IMO. Just like Proska is stepping up now against GGG (on short notice, and a far more dangerous fighter)

Also you speak about Proska's opponents, but you fail to mention the fact that 3 of Chavez Jr's last 5 fights have been against Marco Antonio Rubio (5 losses) Peter Manfredo Jr (really?) and Billy Lyell (who?)
                And I'm not even saying there's anything wrong with that......but come on man, how can you discredit Proska, while praising Chavez Jr, yet completely ignoring who Chavez fought up to this point?
                Bro, It's not just Proksa. I put Chavez under the same scrutiny. I didn't praise Chavez at all. In fact, my previous post was -

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                Depending on how GGG shows up and Chavez both show up, I expect them to look pretty identical, with different outcomes of course. I don't think Proksa belongs in the ring with GGG and I don't think Chavez belongs in the ring with Martinez.

i DO however think martinez and ggg should be in opposite corners sharing a ring together. Apparantly Proksa does too, saying GGG is the second best MW in the world behind Martinez. He didn't seem too confident in that interview, but I expect him to make the most of it. Still, i think it's too much too soon.
                I don't think he deserves to be in the ring with Martinez at all. He has amassed 4 losses already IMO. Zbik, Molina x2 and Vanda. I thought he lost all 4 of those fights. I don't think he deserves this fight at all or is a future elite boxer.

I also don't even consider Lee a good win, for a few reasons. The Vera loss being one, and the life and death fight with McEwan being another. Lee was tailer made for Chavez and wasn't too good to begin with. I do think he's a lot more polished (looks it, at least) than the version of GGG who fought Ouma. GGG looked awful there, like a punching bag who was lucky Ouma was old and on his way out. He got hit, turned, hit, and turned some more by a guy who shouldn't have been in the ring with him in the first place. Really bothered me.
                Last edited by intoccabile; 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Golovkin for me stops him within 6 and more likely between the first & third.
                  I agree, I would say most likely the middle rounds but it could happen early.

Comment

This is GGG coming out party to NA

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                      Bro, It's not just Proksa. I put Chavez under the same scrutiny. I didn't praise Chavez at all. In fact, my previous post was -

I don't think he deserves to be in the ring with Martinez at all. He has amassed 4 losses already IMO. Zbik, Molina x2 and Vanda. I thought he lost all 4 of those fights. I don't think he deserves this fight at all or is a future elite boxer.

I also don't even consider Lee a good win, for a few reasons. The Vera loss being one, and the life and death fight with McEwan being another. Lee was tailer made for Chavez and wasn't too good to begin with. I do think he's a lot more polished (looks it, at least) than the version of GGG who fought Ouma. GGG looked awful there, like a punching bag who was lucky Ouma was old and on his way out. He got hit, turned, hit, and turned some more by a guy who shouldn't have been in the ring with him in the first place. Really bothered me.
                      Oh you're right, bro. Sorry about that, I didn't finish reading the thread. Proceed.

Comment

Working...
                      X