Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Grzegorz Proksa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin is a much better fighter than Chavez is.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Proska's movement will cause GGG ALOT of problems but it only takes a few shots from GGG to end this one. GGG stoppage in a tough fight for him.
      I see it more of this way too....not an easy match but a possible late round stoppage as I've seen Proska take flush shots to the face. I don't see any early KO's and 3G may look less than spectacular in this affair.

Comment

As a boxing fan, this is an excellent fight and will be a joy to watch. As a Golovkin fan, AND a Proska fan.......it sucks one of these guys has to lose! I really like Proska as a boxer, but I'm going to have to give the nod to GGG. Lets hope both of these guys get some big fights after this

Also props to Proska for fighting a guy no one wants to fight, none of the so called "contenders," especially since I don't feel he's quite ready to face a fighter like Golovkin, and the fact that it was on short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          Regurgitating my previous post.

He's fought nothing but people with losing records up until Sylvester (Navascue was 25-1 and gave him fits as well) Since then he is 1-1 (I don't count that win against the 1-1 opponent).

He literally only has 3 people on his resume with more Wins than Losses and lost to one of them. This isn't a close fight at all IMO.

3-1 against opponents with winning records...That's the worst build up I've seen from a highly touted fighter in a long time. There are no contenders, journeymen, or prospects on his record what so ever. Just a step up against Sebastian followed by more pointless fights, one of which he lost.
          First of all what does any of that have to do with me saying i like Proksa? I like Proksa, i enjoy watching him box, that's just a fact.

Second i don't think you know what the word literal means. Before Sylvester 19 of his 25 fights were against opponents with winning records so im not sure why you keep regurgitating that falsehood. No he did not struggle against Navascues and yes his opposition has been quite poor through most of his career and he was inactive alot.

He does have talent he is on the world stage now and has shown a willingness to fight the best which is more than can be said for alot of the top MW's. Now leave me alone.
          Last edited by Mikhnienko; 08-26-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            As a boxing fan, this is an excellent fight and will be a joy to watch. As a Golovkin fan, AND a Proska fan.......it sucks one of these guys has to lose! I really like Proska as a boxer, but I'm going to have to give the nod to GGG. Lets hope both of these guys get some big fights after this
            I am really looking forward to this fight, I think it will be a potential FOTY candidate. Glad both these guys are making it to HBO.

Comment

This is actually a poor mans Martinez/Chavez.
              At first I read this post and I thought you meant Proska is a poor mans Martinez/Chavez because he keeps his hands down......if, so....how so, if I may ask? Why can't Chavez be a poor mans Proska? Not saying Proska is the next big thing, but he's got talent no doubt,and Chavez Jr hasn't exactly accomplished much either, and IMO he would give JCC hell... I saw you mention Proska was losing to a bum, etc. Well JCC Jr was losing to Andy Lee before he stopped him, and Lee lost to Vera.......you see why whoever Proska fought in the past has nothing to do with the individual matchup of Proska-Chavez?

But if you meant this fight; as in Golovkin-Proska is a poor mans Martinez/Chavez due to the fact that Martinez and JCC Jr have more "star power" then excuse my comments above. Still. either way, "star power" is nothing more then a popularity contest and just because a guy has huge PPV numbers or a huge following has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a fighter he is. Besides, both men have big followings in Europe. But thats besides the point. Anyway, I would love to see a Proska-JCC Jr and a Martinez-Golovkin fight in the near future, as I believe Sergio and GGG will win. I think Golovkin has the potential to be the best in the division. As far as Proska goes......I think himself vs JCC JR would be an excellent fight, and I'm not sure who I would pick. Although I wouldn't be surprised with either man winning.
              Last edited by King_; 08-26-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Regurgitating my previous post.

He's fought nothing but people with losing records up until Sylvester (Navascue was 25-1 and gave him fits as well) Since then he is 1-1 (I don't count that win against the 1-1 opponent).

He literally only has 3 people on his resume with more Wins than Losses and lost to one of them. This isn't a close fight at all IMO.

3-1 against opponents with winning records...That's the worst build up I've seen from a highly touted fighter in a long time. There are no contenders, journeymen, or prospects on his record what so ever. Just a step up against Sebastian followed by more pointless fights, one of which he lost.

I've said this time and time before.....who exactly has Chavez Jr fought that makes him this fabulous, superb boxer who is going to light up guys for years to come? His two best wins have been Lee and Zbik, and Zbik he barely survived, with a majority decision.........you say Zbik was a good fighter? Fine, I agree.....but then you better not be one of those guys who likes to discredit Sturm, because Sturm absolutely demolished Zbik and had no trouble with him whatsoever. Lee was a good win. That was his first real step up in competition, IMO. Just like Proska is stepping up now against GGG (on short notice, and a far more dangerous fighter)

Also you speak about Proska's opponents, but you fail to mention the fact that 3 of Chavez Jr's last 5 fights have been against Marco Antonio Rubio (5 losses) Peter Manfredo Jr (really?) and Billy Lyell (who?)
                And I'm not even saying there's anything wrong with that......but come on man, how can you discredit Proska, while praising Chavez Jr, yet completely ignoring who Chavez fought up to this point?

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                  it's not like Golovkin doesn't have flaws he squares up or even extends his back foot past his lead and gets out of position
                  He does it to generate power when he throws the right hand, by shifting his weight from one foot to the other. That's how he gets his KO power.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Proksa and Martinez are cut from the same cloth, but there are also differences. Proksa's style takes many more risks, but his offense is much more difficult to read.
                  Great post, people who say he's a poor man's Martinez don't know much about him so they over simplify things by picking a fighter with the most similar style. Proksa is more unconventional than Martinez and has a wider variety of punches and angles. Martinez's attacks are more repetitive.

Comment

Proska ALL DAY...I'm so BOLD...he will beat 3G up in style!!

Comment

And to be fair Proska didnt really lose to Hope first time, i dont know how can someone say that he was struggling in the rematch when he won every round and it was obvious that he was fooling around(like he always do when he knows he will win) Just watch the last round of second Hope fight and the one before to see the difference. I`m picking GGG in this one just becouse Proska didnt have any time to rest and had only 1 month long training camp, thats not enough for a guy like GGG, on the other hand Golovkin never fought anyone great either and im sure Proska will land one or two shots on him and he have some power as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X