Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO may be going dark on Oct 6th as an acceptable foe for Broner could not be found

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Im gonna have to Boxrec this Carlos Molina they're talking about cause I can sincerely say Ive never heard of him

Sure they can. Broner is obviously their guy now... Floyd is gonna be gone and Canelo is with Showtime pretty much.
    That's not how it goes at all. Smh. In fact that's why the promoters often complain about HBO playing matchmaker. And its not because they choose weak opponents for their fighters. HBO did the right thing here. Like I said wtf is all they bellyaching for.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      what kind of opponent are they looking for exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        That's not how it goes at all. Smh. In fact that's why the promoters often complain about HBO playing matchmaker. And its not because they choose weak opponents for their fighters. HBO did the right thing here. Like I said wtf is all they bellyaching for.
        HBO should stop floating opponents for their "house" fighters until those opponents have actually won the tune-up fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          HBO should stop floating opponents for their "house" fighters until those opponents have actually won the tune-up fight.
          Lol to be fair most of those opponents are fighters we wanna see their house fighters fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            Lol to be fair most of those opponents are fighters we wanna see their house fighters fight.
            this has and continues to be a problem for HBO. they float names expecting a good performance. what happens when it doesn't happen? you get this.

Comment

If only Bogere was available...

Comment

A lot of ignorance in this thread, but what else is new when it comes to talking about Broner?

Let's look at the upcoming LW fights (announced and rumored):
                -DeMarco/Molina (WBC title)
                -Burns/Mitchell (WBO title)
                -Vasquez vs. Gesta
                -Abril vs. Bogere

None of the top guys are available, and if HBO doesn't accept Beltran, wtf could Broner possibly do? He's just gonna have to wait for the winner of Burns/Mitchell.

Comment

Get another date clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Damn. People talk like Haymon runs HBO.

This the second time they did this as far as I can remember. They rejected Williams vs. Ishida and forced Williams vs. Lara. Now they rejecting a Broner fight vs. a BS opponent.
                    I am not mad at the fact they will not let them throw another bum in there; what I am mad at is the fact that hbo picks and chooses who they will do this with...they should have been forced Canelo to step it up...oh wait could that be why he will be fighting on Showtime next...

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      A lot of ignorance in this thread, but what else is new when it comes to talking about Broner?

Let's look at the upcoming LW fights (announced and rumored):
                      -DeMarco/Molina (WBC title)
                      -Burns/Mitchell (WBO title)
                      -Vasquez vs. Gesta
                      -Abril vs. Bogere

None of the top guys are available, and if HBO doesn't accept Beltran, wtf could Broner possibly do? He's just gonna have to wait for the winner of Burns/Mitchell.
                      Why not Abril vs Reese (forgot why the fight fell thru) as originally planned. While Bogere fights Broner? Or the other way around. Can always do Abril vs Broner too. But not sure what Broner's ranking with the WBA looks like tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X