Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO may be going dark on Oct 6th as an acceptable foe for Broner could not be found

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin
    Kory Kitchen @KoryKitchen32 6h
    @stevemaxboxing Any idea who was considered for Broner?
    View conversation ยท

Steve Kim
    @stevemaxboxing
    @KoryKitchen32 - I heard the names Carlos Molina and Ray Beltran...
    5:12pm Tues Aug 21 via web
    Carlos Molina....? So they wanna drain a 154 lber? Or is there another Carlos Molina Im not aware of?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      That explains why he been calling everybody out on twitter desperately looking for an opponent

Just get another date and try to get a good opponent instead of trying to keep the date and squeezing in a **** opponent
      Yep pretty much. The same people who refuse to fight him now he will be accuse of ducking once he goes past their level, which he will. Broner is being DUCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Omar Figueroa is not a tune up for Adrien Broner... Kid would be a handful for Broner, especially in his first fight at 135; recipe for an upset special.

Murray or Rees would be the best (safest, but highest rated and realistic) options for Broner.

Beltran would be a good, but dangerous option. Broner is used to being the bigger and stronger fighter in addition to the more talented and skilled, against Beltran, he wouldn't be the bigger and stronger fighter; I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close decision loss for Beltran, where he has his moments making Broner look bad.
        I completely agree. I don't support career like those of Canelo Alvarez but if the kid's coming into a new division he should have a gimme fight to know where he ranks. I guess he's too good to be allowed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard
          Quote:

Originally Posted by sicko

That explains why he been calling everybody out on twitter desperately looking for an opponent

Just get another date and try to get a good opponent instead of trying to keep the date and squeezing in a **** opponent

Yep pretty much. The same people who refuse to fight him now he will be accuse of ducking once he goes past their level, which he will. Broner is being DUCKED.
          Those people can't fight him if they arent being made the offer.

HBO is having flashbacks of Ponce vs Broner. They obviously don't feel like he's gotten any better if they don't want him in there with someone pressuring him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Carlos Molina....? So they wanna drain a 154 lber? Or is there another Carlos Molina Im not aware of?

different calos molina.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
              i honestly dont know that anyone is ducking broner as of rite now. because all the top guys at 135 have fights upcoming. so the only ppl who are free are john murry and ray beltran. hbo rejected the beltran fight so really there is no1 to fight. im not sure they will accpet murray, but i guess thats the fight they should try to make if possible. not a fight id want to see personally because murray is very ordinary but he has a good ranking according to most boxing mags.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Those people can't fight him if they arent being made the offer.

HBO is having flashbacks of Ponce vs Broner. They obviously don't feel like he's gotten any better if they don't want him in there with someone pressuring him.

ponce didnt pressure broner. did u even watch the fight? thats not even ponce's style to pressure.

anyways, hbo wouldnt turn down a fight because it would be difficult for broner. they arent his promoter.

Comment

Something tells me that it was that they couldn't find a "low risk" opponent. That's generally what matchmakers mean when they say "an opponent couldn't be found"!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    different calos molina.
                    Im gonna have to Boxrec this Carlos Molina they're talking about cause I can sincerely say Ive never heard of him
                    Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    anyways, hbo wouldnt turn down a fight because it would be difficult for broner. they arent his promoter.
                    Sure they can. Broner is obviously their guy now... Floyd is gonna be gone and Canelo is with Showtime pretty much.

Comment

what kind of opponent are they looking for exactly?

Comment

Working...
                      X