No announcement yet.

Iyo, are punchers born or made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iyo, are punchers born or made?

Anybody can learn technique, and learn how to throw a punch, not so much talking about them, but the heavy handed people, the one hitter quitter knockout artists.

Imo, punchers are born. Of course they learned proper technique(for the most part) and that helps, but i think they were born with the ability and were naturally drawn to punching. Disagree?

Personally, i feel like i was born a puncher. Ive always punched hard, power way above my weight, with both fists. With that said, ive been training/hitting a heavy bag since i was a young lad. I learned how to sit down on my punches and punch through a target, but still, i consider myself a natural born puncher.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Anybody can learn technique, and learn how to throw a punch, not so much talking about them, but the heavy handed people, the one hitter quitter knockout artists.

Imo, punchers are born. Of course they learned proper technique(for the most part) and that helps, but i think they were born with the ability and were naturally drawn to punching. Disagree?

Personally, i feel like i was born a puncher. Ive always punched hard, power way above my weight, with both fists. With that said, ive been training/hitting a heavy bag since i was a young lad. I learned how to sit down on my punches and punch through a target, but still, i consider myself a natural born puncher.

Thoughts?
    You punch like a girl

Comment

Originally posted by bushleaguer666 View Post
      You punch like a girl
      But yes. You were probably born that way.

Comment

Born, but you can learn to throw a better more effective punch obviously. But look at Bradley, all the strength training and muscles can't turn him into a solid puncher.

Comment

I think it has more to do with a mindset than anything like genetics.

Comment

punchers are born with the talent, but they develop it and are conditioned under a trainer for years

you'll never turn paulie maglinaggi into a hard puncher
            julian jackson hit hard when he walked into the gym

it's just how it is.

Comment

Rarely do you see Fighters GAIN ONE PUNCH KO POWER or a Granite Chin during their career

just like Rarely do you see a fighter become more athletic and slick or all of a sudden have great reflexes, those are things you are kinda born with

Slickness and Amazing Reflexes is in Mayweather's Bloodline, and Toughness and a Strong Chin is in Chavez Jr. Bloodline

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Born, but you can learn to throw a better more effective punch obviously. But look at Bradley, all the strength training and muscles can't turn him into a solid puncher.
                green k

Comment

punchers are born, bottom line.....

Comment

How can you be "born" a puncher? when all children are more of less born the same. Its the predisposition of ones environment that will change there body and mindset. This could affect diet and therefore muscle growth. This is an adaptive change therefore you are NOT born with this trait.

Comment

Working...
                    X