Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Arum kept Chavez away from Martinez cause he knew he would get beat up, he is saying inly way Mares fights Nonito is if he leaves GBP, he forced Mosley and JMM to leave GBP to get Pac fight, but for some reason so many think Pac was different. Drinking the arum kool-aid
    Last time I checked, Chavez fought Martinez! They may fight twice! lol!

Before last year, Chavez wasn't ready to fight Martinez type competition. He probably wasn't ready even last year but it was close enough to get the fight on because Chavez looked more credible as a fighter. Arum knew that people would buy into it more last year, when it happened than before that. That is what Arum meant because as I said, they fought!!!

People may not like Arum but he has more boxing sense than people give him credit for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      Believe what you want. You think he was clean right? I don't. Thats my opinion. A lot of people on this forum won't say it in fear of being red k'd or other dumb shyt. I don't care.

Pac was on roids imo and TR was making too much money for it to get derailed by not only a Mayweather ass beating but by also failing a drug test.
      People bought into Floyd's story even until this day. I would think that once Manny agreed and then Floyd put new roadblocks that they would get it but then you have reasonable understandable (Floyd) fans and then you have the diehards that will believe anything Floyd says even if facts that say otherwise are put in front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Every time Manny agreed, Floyd put up a new roadblock!

Sorry, the truth hurts.
        If Rigo or Mares refuse to do the same blood testing as Donaire, that makes Donaire a roadblocking coward duck right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          If Rigo or Mares refuse to do the same blood testing as Donaire, that makes Donaire a roadblocking coward duck right?

Funny how you didn't take the Manny vs Marquez example which was a fact in that it actually happened and involved Manny!

Manny's camp saw that Marquez came in huge, was knocking down opponents in his training camp, had a well-known PEDs expert in his corner who admitted to cheating. Combine it with that they have seen Marquez go as far as to try many ways including some unconventional ways to improve his performance/conditioning. Example, drink piss. We also are aware that Manny's camp expressed concern that there was a decent chance that Marquez was taking PEDs (see Roach interviews).

Did they fight or refuse to fight like Floyd did? lol!
          Last edited by ADP02; 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Last time I checked, Chavez fought Martinez! They may fight twice! lol!

Before last year, Chavez wasn't ready to fight Martinez type competition. He probably wasn't ready even last year but it was close enough to get the fight on because Chavez looked more credible as a fighter. Arum knew that people would buy into it more last year, when it happened than before that. That is what Arum meant because as I said, they fought!!!

People may not like Arum but he has more boxing sense than people give him credit for.
            If it makes you feel better to think that then ok go ahead. Fact is he kept him from Martinez cause he felt he would lose his cashcow so i dont see a difference. And they only fought cause Chavez Sr put pressure.

If he is a champion of major belt like the WBC then he is ready.

Comment

Funny how you didn't take the Manny vs Marquez example which was a fact in that it actually happened and involved Manny!

Manny's camp saw that Marquez came in huge, was knocking down opponents in his training camp, had a well-known PEDs expert in his corner who admitted to cheating. Combine it with that they have seen Marquez go as far as to try many ways including some unconventional ways to improve his performance/conditioning. Example, drink piss. We also are aware that Manny's camp expressed concern that there was a decent chance that Marquez was taking PEDs (see Roach interviews).

Did they fight or refuse to fight like Floyd did? lol!
              They would be considered HUGE and i mean HUGE hypocrites if they did that. For all the crap about "let the commssion do their job" there is no way they would be respected for that. I think its the reason why Arum refused to do testing

Comment

If it makes you feel better to think that then ok go ahead. Fact is he kept him from Martinez cause he felt he would lose his cashcow so i dont see a difference. And they only fought cause Chavez Sr put pressure.

If he is a champion of major belt like the WBC then he is ready.
                Nothing to do with my feelings. It happened!

Arum has stated this with other fighters as well including Cotto. In other words, Arum admitted when his fighter is ready or not.

Have you ever heard Arum say that Manny is not ready to fight Floyd? No!

Comment

Nothing to do with my feelings. It happened!

Arum has stated this with other fighters as well including Cotto. In other words, Arum admitted when his fighter is ready or not.

Have you ever heard Arum say that Manny is not ready to fight Floyd? No!
                  Splitting hairs man. Done it with all his other fighters but all of the sudden not this one. Like i said if it makes you feel better.

Comment

They would be considered HUGE and i mean HUGE hypocrites if they did that. For all the crap about "let the commssion do their job" there is no way they would be respected for that. I think its the reason why Arum refused to do testing
                    Marquez's trainer admitted to cheating and Marquez did look big. That right there would make it more credible of an excuse.

Still, the thing is that they didn't refuse the fight like Floyd did!!! Floyd would have said "no way am I fighting that PEDs user, my health is more important". His fans would agree with him and that's that! lol!

Several reasons why Arum didn't go ahead with testing. First of all it never came up during the negotiating therefore not part of the contract. It only came up after the rumors that Marquez was huge and Roach admitted to the possibility of Marquez being on PEDs. That was too late in the game to have testing done. Heredia was probably already cycling it out of the system by then or using one of those 20 undetectable drugs that he admitted to, if Marquez was taking PEDs.

Comment

Splitting hairs man. Done it with all his other fighters but all of the sudden not this one. Like i said if it makes you feel better.
                      Like I said before, Chavez fought Martinez. So it kills your opinion.

After Arum stated that Cotto needed more time to develop. What happened? Cotto faced Mosley, Margarito, Manny, Clottey and more.

While Cotto faced those guys, Floyd faced Hatton at WW (lol!) then retired (lol!) then faced Marquez at WW(lol!)

Comment

Working...
                      X