Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Why would you believe either at face value~ and that last sentence sure Manny will fight anybody under the right conditions so that is not even being truthful and is pretty much a myth.
    He did. I dont care about the conditions. He fought bigger and stronger individuals. Guys that were top WW but somehow they are now dismissed because they looked bad against Manny. No one wants to give him credit for that and IMO that is wrong. I think is wrong all the hate he gets from people when we should consider that his best year were at featherweight and he accomplished more than anyone expected. People always looking for something to bash about him. And a lot are people that havent achieve anything in life. Sad.
    Last edited by jtcs1981; 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

• lol 55-45 all testing repost of repost

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...otential-fight

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
        Don't make it fit your agenda.

3:20 mark:

Floyd said to Manny that he's a congressman and that he has a lot of opportunities and that all he does is boxing(Floyd), what if he lose?
        No matter how good you are, you can be Sugar Ray Robinson. You should never agree to a "lion's share split to the winner" offer, against your rival opponent in boxing. You just don't do that.

In 2009, when Roy Jones was clearly past his best, losing to Calzaghe in one-sided fashion in 08. And Hopkins was coming off a win against undefeated Kelly Pavlik in one-sided fashion. Hopkins offered Roy a 60-40 split, with Hopkins taking the 60%. Roy Jones countered, with 60% to the winner. Bernard Hopkins, despite being the better fighter at the time, and coming off the better fight, and still being relevant, declined the 60-40 split.

Of course they ultimately agreed to the rematch with something like a 60-40 split for a KO. But Hopkins declined the 60-40 split to the winner against a past prime, shot Roy Jones. That he ended up beating in a stinker anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          He did. I dont care about the conditions. He fought bigger and stronger individuals. Guys that were top WW but somehow they are not dismissed because they looked bad against Manny. No one wants to give him credit for that and IMO that is wrong. I think is wrong all the hate he gets from people when we should consider that he is best year were at featherweight and he accomplished more than anyone expected. People always looking for something to bash about him. And a lot are people that havent achieve anything in life. Sad.
          I could spin that around and say the same about Floyd though and you clearly equated Manny to be above him for a questionable reason.

Manny is a great fighter though, I find certain things he did he gets a tremendous benefit of the doubt for, either way he is still a great fighter but I do think certain questions of him are very legitimate.

Comment

• Manny had a 50/50 offer in 2009 and they ran so I dont believe its about the money. I think Top Wank doesnt want the fight.

Comment

• This was already said months ago. But congrats on this back and forth stuff again. Why is it that every time Manny is in a fight the entire focus is somehow turned on Manny vs Floyd? Have you guys noticed this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                This was already said months ago. But congrats on this back and forth stuff again. Why is it that every time Manny is in a fight the entire focus is somehow turned on Manny vs Floyd? Have you guys noticed this?
                Probably because Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith have never seen Juan Manuel Marquez fight other than against Manny this past November.

Comment

• look at all these sad little creatures with their panties in a bunch...Marquez views Floyd as a superior fighter to Pac and look at the butthurt

Comment

• Since manny doesn't speak English very well, he could have simply been asking in terms of a rematch? Like what happens if I lose?

Either way I didn't hear manny say it so I could care less. Means nothing. To all those in here Saying "hahahah Floyd etc etc" you look like a bunch of junior high cheer leaders. Seriously grow up.

Comment

• Losing is one of three possible outcomes in a fight, just like winning or the ever popular draw. It is just a matter of probability which one takes place, but all those outcomes are always possible no matter how unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X