Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why CANT Sugar Ray Leonard be the best of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    No way did Leonard win the rematch i don't believe many people think he did.

He also lost to Duran and then Duran got fed up of his games in the second fight and quit. Fought a declining Hagler who had been talking about retirement, got a generous decision and refused a rematch.
    You can make up your own history, AND cry all you want, but prime Leonard tkod prime Hearns.

Leonard > Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      He is the best i have ever seen hand's down,i cannot count guys like Greb or Robinson cause there just is not enough tape on them,and i cant understand how people can rate someone from what a boxing writer wrote at the time i have read a 100 articles that proclaimed Pacquiao the best ww when i know its not true,i am sure they played favs back then also.
      An opinion can't be wrong. If you believe a fighter is the greatest of all time then he is to you. People can voice their opinion to why he is not but ultimately you decide.

Comment

Prime Leonard was just too fast with his hands and feet for anybody. Real talk is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          You can make up your own history, AND cry all you want, but prime Leonard tkod prime Hearns.

Leonard > Hearns
          Prime Hearns? That wasn't prime Hearns, he duck Hearns for 8 years and only accepted a rematch when he was guaranteed 13mil and thought Hearns was finished.

Most of SRL's best wins have got ? beside them IMO. He's overrated because of his popularity and that popularity won him decisions.

Comment

Leonard > Hearns
            hearns wasnt in his prime when they fought the first time, it was rays best weight not tommys. tommy was better at 154. besides tommy overtrained for their first fight, thats why he came in light and gassed late in the fight. i give ray credit, he hung in there when tommy was giving him a one sided ass whuppin' and was able to capitalize once he slowed down.

but he ducked the rematch all those years for a reason, he was only willing to get back in the ring with tommy when everybody thought he was shot. they were somewhat right, tommy was way past his prime but still had enough to beat the dog**** out of ray. he was always a better fighter than leonard, ofcourse the second fight convinced ray to never get in a boxing ring with hearns again as long as he lived. it was a wise choice.

Comment

P4p is just someone's choice, so there's no reason he can't be. I have him 4th personally one hell of a fighter. Leonard himself said Robinson was the greatest 'someone once said there was a comparison between sugar ray Leonard and sugar ray Robinson. Believe me, there's no comparison sugar ray Robinson was the greatest'

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Prime Hearns? That wasn't prime Hearns, he duck Hearns for 8 years and only accepted a rematch when he was guaranteed 13mil and thought Hearns was finished.

Most of SRL's best wins have got ? beside them IMO. He's overrated because of his popularity and that popularity won him decisions.
                This is such a cheap outlook. Hearns isn't greater than Leonard. You're just trolling and making up ****, lmao.
                Ducked Hearns, lmao. You duck a man that you stopped, lmao. The Leonard Hearns rematch had/has no bearing on their legacy. Hearns beat a fat under trained Duran at 154, lost to Hagler in 3, and lost to Leonard IN HIS PRIME.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
                  Prime Leonard was just too fast with his hands and feet for anybody. Real talk is real.
                  Roberto Duran made prime Leonard his b*tch.

Ray Leonard is the best example of how a modern fighter could become the GOAT. Leonard had a short career, but it was packed with great fights against great fighters, he did enough in the short career he did to earn top 10 status in many people's eyes. If he doesn't have the eye injury and fights those years he was retired, there is a good chance he'd have a legit argument for GOAT over Robinson, Greb, or Langford, the three most put at the top.

You don't have to fight 200 fights and fight HOFers six times like Robinson to surpass him. Leonard is proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    hearns wasnt in his prime when they fought the first time, it was rays best weight not tommys. tommy was better at 154. besides tommy overtrained for their first fight, thats why he came in light and gassed late in the fight. i give ray credit, he hung in there when tommy was giving him a one sided ass whuppin' and was able to capitalize once he slowed down.

but he ducked the rematch all those years for a reason, he was only willing to get back in the ring with tommy when everybody thought he was shot. they were somewhat right, tommy was way past his prime but still had enough to beat the dog**** out of ray. he was always a better fighter than leonard, ofcourse the second fight convinced ray to never get in a boxing ring with hearns again as long as he lived. it was a wise choice.
                    You can use alts, multiple screen names, hate...it doesn't matter.

You can't change history. Stop lying and making **** up, lmao. I was watching all of those fights live, and know the relevant events before and after those fights.

Comment

This is such a cheap outlook. Hearns isn't greater than Leonard. You're just trolling and making up ****, lmao.
                      Ducked Hearns, lmao. You duck a man that you stopped, lmao. The Leonard Hearns rematch had/has no bearing on their legacy. Hearns beat a fat under trained Duran at 154, lost to Hagler in 3, and lost to Leonard IN HIS PRIME.
                      Making stuff up? LOL Go watch the fights and do some research before talking about something you know little about. Leonard flat out ducked Hearns for 8 years this is well known to anyone that has done a bit of research.

Comment

Working...
                      X