Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Promotions Branching Out, Aim To Become Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't follow you anonymous. How would NBC have any say in where an amateur boxer decides to start his professional career?

Comment

He should start importing some of these Turkish and Indian fighters. Make it an ethnic thing, I wouldn't really consider it racist. Khan has a special niche fan base in addition to his diverse (still mostly British) fan base. Same thing we see Arum doing with his "Pinoy Power" cards, I think Khan could establish himself a small corner in the market with a similar type of project.

Comment

Khan Promotions advertising to young fighters on how to guide boxing careers, headed by Amir Khan who has yet to guide his own?

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
          I don't follow you anonymous. How would NBC have any say in where an amateur boxer decides to start his professional career?
          Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant that GBP, being involved with the Olympic boxing scene, has a goal of scouting out any potential amateur boxers and would fight anyone to be able to take first pick.

But now that you mention it, GBP could say a few nice things and give a few nice things to NBC, and maybe NBC 'helps' a young boxer by pointing him to GBP...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            He should start importing some of these Turkish and Indian fighters. Make it an ethnic thing, I wouldn't really consider it racist. Khan has a special niche fan base in addition to his diverse (still mostly British) fan base. Same thing we see Arum doing with his "Pinoy Power" cards, I think Khan could establish himself a small corner in the market with a similar type of project.
            Isn't Khan Pakastani? If so, there's no way he'd let an Indian fight under him, the blowout would be huge considering the past between the two nations.

Comment

Working...
            X