Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Nishioka Approved For WBC Diamond Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing get me more excited for a fight than the wbc diamond belt!

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
      I wonder if people relies that this is sports entertainment? It is to signify a fight between two outstanding champions and to try garner a few more press releases to try to get the attention of non-fans to boost the sport.
      lol yes, ppl that don't know anything about a fight will definitely realize this is a big fight because a completely made up and bogus belt they've never heard of is being put on the line.

Comment

Not only is the #3 guy fighting for the RING belt but now for some other crap belt so that afterwards he can call himself undisputed and be built into the next Pacquiao. What a joke. Its all a scheme.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
          lol yes, ppl that don't know anything about a fight will definitely realize this is a big fight because a completely made up and bogus belt they've never heard of is being put on the line.
          like i said TRY to get the attention, and i can see you know all about the business side of the sport. and i don't think you can speak for the non-fan being a member of a boxing website

Comment

like i said TRY to get the attention, and i can see you know all about the business side of the sport. and i don't think you can speak for the non-fan being a member of a boxing website

Comment

Why do promoters even consider this ****ty belt. They should just reject it. Martinez has been the diamond belt forever, but in the record books Chavez is still the legitimate champion. Garbage **** just like the WBA "regular" "super champ" belt.

Comment

this fight is historic, Nishioka i think may be the best Japanese super bantamweight of all time and Donaire the best American and best Filipino super bantam of all time.

Plus I dont recall ever seeing a super fight between the Philippines and Japan though im sure Fighting Harada fought his share of filipino tomato cans

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
                  you know what most ppl/non-fans complain about regarding boxing? Its the fact that there are too many belts, people don't know who the champs are because there are a trillion belts out there. So adding a new and even more meaningless belt only makes things worse.

and if you want to talk about the business side of the sport at least learn a little bit about it first...they didn't create the belt in order to bring attention to the fight. They created the belt to collect more more money from the fighters ala stupid belts like the wbc silver belts etc.

and I can speak for non-fans cuz I talk to enough of them about boxing whenever there is a mayweather or pacquiao fight and everyone pretends for one night that they've been watching boxing their whole life. so I know exactly what their concerns are about all the bs belts in boxing. Case in point ask any non boxing fan what the diamond belt is. The answer you'll get will either be "I don't know" or a random guess that will most likely be wrong. This is how you know that the diamond belt does not create any interest in boxing.
                  Last edited by danktrees; 08-09-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                    this fight is historic, Nishioka i think may be the best Japanese super bantamweight of all time and Donaire the best American and best Filipino super bantam of all time.

Plus I dont recall ever seeing a super fight between the Philippines and Japan though im sure Fighting Harada fought his share of filipino tomato cans
                    I can see what you're trying to say but I don't think you can say that donaire is one of the best super bantams of all time when he has only fought twice at the weight.

Comment

I can see what you're trying to say but I don't think you can say that donaire is one of the best super bantams of all time when he has only fought twice at the weight.
                      Fans are overrating their favorite fighter's success, nothing new lol

Comment

Working...
                      X