• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell the belt on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Its a trophy.

In before people get unjustly angry.

Its just an award for historically significant fights. That's all. Which this is.

First Ring champ since Izzy
      lmao

You definitely read my mind. I'll leave it there....

Comment

Oh he'll get stripped eventually and some bum will magically appear in the wbc's 'top' 75.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
          Great so now Nishi's WBC 'regular' belt is gonna get stripped and vacated so some undeserving bums can fight for the vacant title. Same thing happen to Martinez a couple years back. Don Sillyman needs to retire.
          Nishioka vacated it a while back when he couldn't make his mandatory defense. Abner Mares already won it against Morel.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-09-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Nishioka vacated it a while back when he couldn't make his mandatory defense. Abner Mares already won it against Morel.
            Nishioka didnt vacate the title he was stripped by Don Sillyman. Nishi told him he had some personal issues and couldnt make an immediate mandatory fight so after 6 months of inactivity Nishi was wrongfully stripped. Thats when Mares and Morel got to fight for the vacant 122 lb. belt even though niether of them were 122 lb. fighters.

Comment

Nishioka didnt vacate the title he was stripped by Don Sillyman. Nishi told him he had some personal issues and couldnt make an immediate mandatory fight so after 6 months of inactivity Nishi was wrongfully stripped. Thats when Mares and Morel got to fight for the vacant 122 lb. title even though niether of them were 122 lb. fighters.
              And Mares Morel was contested at a catchweight, 120.

Comment

Nishioka didnt vacate the title he was stripped by Don Sillyman. Nishi told him he had some personal issues and couldnt make an immediate mandatory fight so after 6 months of inactivity Nishi was wrongfully stripped. Thats when Mares and Morel got to fight for the vacant 122 lb. belt even though niether of them were 122 lb. fighters.
                yah mares was pretty much handed that belt..nishioka is the true wbc champ. If donaire manages to beat nishioka and rigo then he is undisputed in my eyes. doesn't need to fight mares for that paper belt.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  yah mares was pretty much handed that belt..nishioka is the true wbc champ. If donaire manages to beat nishioka and rigo then he is undisputed in my eyes. doesn't need to fight mares for that paper belt.
                  Yup I agree cuz up to this point Donaires 122 resume looks alot better than Mares 122 resume. I still hope they fight one day though, Mares just needs to start defending that gift wrapped belt against top opposition (hopefully against Rigo) so a super fight can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    And Mares Morel was contested at a catchweight, 120.
                    Damn even worse HA HA.

Comment

I wonder if people relies that this is sports entertainment? It is to signify a fight between two outstanding champions and to try garner a few more press releases to try to get the attention of non-fans to boost the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X