Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best fighter since Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defensively, Mayweather, Toney, Hopkins...Jones was a good defender as well when he was young but his defense was more based on his quickness and reflexes than it was his fundamental defense, he was an unorthodox fighter anyway so that made him hard to hit and actually helped his offense by being elusive.

Comment

Mayweather followed by Pac for me.

Comment

Roy...followed by B.Hop and Floyd...in THAT order

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          Roy...followed by B.Hop and Floyd...in THAT order
          SecondzOut, I think it may be time to re-evaluate Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s status, in relation to Roy Jones Jr., and Bernard Hopkins. Although I know Roy Jones Jr.'s biggest accomplishment was winning the heavyweight title starting out as a jr. middleweight, he still was ko'd in the 2nd round, only slightly past his prime...had bernard hopkins, beat joe calzaghe convincingly, i would have him ahead of floyd mayweather jr. as well...

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            True greatness proven beyond any doubt? Pacquiao and Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I agree on these three and I think Chavez and Trinidad were just as good as Whitaker PFP.
              WTF really?!?! I respect your opinion but damn.

Comment

Cesar Rene Cuenca
                Paul Malignaggi
                Adrien Broner

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Lol, opportunist? He was a lightheavyweight and still beat a fighter as good as either Klit has beat. And how exactly was I being sneaky? Jones was the unified lightheavyweight champ at 175. He beat the number one guy at 168, as well as an all time great.

If Jones comp was hyped up than what do you say about Vitaly's? Even Wlad for that matter who I rank 16th all time? If Roy's comp really wasnt that good as you say how can you even have the audacity to say the klits comp is better than given credit for?

I guess you've never read my posts or threads concerning Jones and steroids or why there has been no out cry for him to be OST tested. I purposely left the issue of steroids out of his discussion to keep it on topic. If you knew as much as you thought you did you would have known my stance on Jones as well as any other fighter who has tested positive.

Anyway you slice it though you cannot argue Roy's talent, power, speed or skills. I'd be happy to to a comparison of competition if you wish. I have no doubt I can show his was superior in every way.

Who Ruiz?

Your ratings are shit because you go off articles and not actually watch some of the fighters yourself. You admitted yourself in a comment not too long ago.

Roy played in many divisions and the Klits play in one. There is more variety of greats in those divisions than there is at HW. Easy to see it mathematically.

No I haven't. Please direct me to the posts sir. I would gladly appreciate it.

Roy had athleticism. He was nowhere near as skillful as Whitaker.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Who Ruiz?

Call Ruiz boring, but his resume speaks for itself. His opponents are better than Vitaly's and Right up there with Wlads. This means if you consider anything the Klits have done impressive you should be 10x more impressed with Jones beating Ruiz.

Your ratings are shit because you go off articles and not actually watch some of the fighters yourself. You admitted yourself in a comment not too long ago.
                    Your memory is shit because what I said is that if there is no film of a fighter I use articles from the day. I'll gladly put my top 10 list up on any division against yours and explain why I came to the conclusions of each fighters ranking. Both you and I know you won't step to the plate for that challenge though, will you?

Roy played in many divisions and the Klits play in one. There is more variety of greats in those divisions than there is at HW. Easy to see it mathematically.

Whats you point? Neither Klit has been able to beat a great in their own division and have lost to fighters who will never sniff the HOF. Should that be overlooked and we just give them extra credit because you like them a real, real lot!?

No I haven't. Please direct me to the posts sir. I would gladly appreciate it.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=368747

Anything else you should look up yourself before opening your mouth about things you don't know about.

And you're welcome.

Roy had athleticism. He was nowhere near as skillful as Whitaker.
                    Why do you keep bringing up Whitaker? The thread is "Who is the best fighter SINCE Whitaker".

Comment

Reggie Strickland, Rocky Juarez, Golden Johnson..etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X