No announcement yet.

The Deontay Wilder Fan Club~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Now who wants on the train, first class cabin is full up. We got some room with the livestock though if you want on~
    I root for him because I've met him a couple of times and he's a nice guy.

I still don't think he's that great, but I hope that's ok to be on the Wilder Express.

Comment

• I'm glad he won. I thought he was getting a lot on unfair and unnecessary hate. Was they way Wilder brought up, any different than other fighters? I always say this but eventually, a fighter will step up his competition and we'll see what he really has. Until then, give the kid a chance. Whats not to like about this kid in the ring? Yes he was and still is raw as a fighter but he's a big heavyweight with good punching power.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        I root for him because I've met him a couple of times and he's a nice guy.

I still don't think he's that great, but I hope that's ok to be on the Wilder Express.
        That is fair enough because he is still a limited fighter and a guy did take his power for a full 12 which I was surprised by. I don't think that will be a trend but if it can happen once it can happen again and in a more difficult fight that could be problems.

I just think people get caught in in his flailing long limbs limbs without fully taking into account what those attributes mean for guys being able to get after him. He looks wide up and he is so long it is kind of an optical illusion that make him appear much more open than he is, on top of the fact he hits super hard and has fast hands so if a guy reaches and misses that it a very costly thing against a guy like Wilder.

There is really only one question that matters in the heavyweight division currently, and I do think Wilder could possibly have an answer to that question but that other guy has a lot of answers to problems also.

Comment

• Time for the fanclub to make a return~

Wilder looked good on offense very diverse against the second best opponent of his career who showed up to fight (limited as he may be). The improvement that I have been talking about in this thread does seem to be really showing on the offensive game. His defense is still obviously suspect and he does pull straight back, which luckily for him his best range is outside the range of most guys to start so it is not that costly from that position but from in close that would be very costly for him.

Anyone new on board or anything to add

Comment

• He is still raw. Needs a lot more work. In an ideal world he'd still be a contender learning to properly master his craft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              He is still raw. Needs a lot more work. In an ideal world he'd still be a contender learning to properly master his craft.
              That would be why this fight was a good experience for him, he does still seem to be improving though which is a good sign in him taking his craft seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                He is still raw. Needs a lot more work. In an ideal world he'd still be a contender learning to properly master his craft.
                thats exactly what he is

Comment

• Good performance. He showed a lot more diversity in his attack. He threw to the body, swept his shots around the high guard and showed us he's been working on his inside game. Back in 2012 when we were talking about him he was nothing more than a 1-2 fighter.

I hope he can squeeze one more fight in before facing Povetkin early next year. Povetkin will need time off after his November fight anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    Good performance. He showed a lot more diversity in his attack. He threw to the body, swept his shots around the high guard and showed us he's been working on his inside game. Back in 2012 when we were talking about him he was nothing more than a 1-2 fighter.

I hope he can squeeze one more fight in before facing Povetkin early next year. Povetkin will need time off after his November fight anyways.
                    It is tough to find those guys like Duhaupus that are tough enough to pus a guy with power but limited enough to still keep building their confidence. Wilder seems to be a gym rat though so I think he will get better without a fight between. If they can find someone that will push him in a losing effort as much or more than Duhaupus that would be really good for him though.

Comment

• A fight with Jennings would be good, but I don't know that that would help him prepare more for Povetkin or Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X