Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    Any real boxing fan knows, ring wise, Pac is considered much much older than Floyd. C'mon man.
    Mayweather's further passed his prime than Pacquaio is IMO.

Albeit both are passed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

But Mayweather doesnt rely on his athleticism as much as Pacquiao. I think at this point in their careers, Floyd got this fight. Pacquiao didn't look like he could beat Floyd in his last fight with Timmy. I'll just keep it real right there.

Comment

• We still have posters who believe Floyd turned down the Margarito fight, lmao. You guys just can't keep it 100. Always some sort of slight to both Pacquiao and Floyd. LL said "Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years", lmao. He should've said, "Don't call yourselves OBJECTIVE, you been subjective for years", lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          to be the best you have to beat the best.

to be fair, mayweather has fought most of the best fighters out there.

however, he hasnt fought pacquiao, and even if he does now its too late.

he fought cotto eventually, but would have been better if they fought when they were supposed to, mayweather hatton winner vs mosley cotto winner would have been better. but he "retired"

he also reportedly turned down 8 million dollars to fight margarito.

but if you put any welterweight in the ring with mayweather from any era, mayweather stands a good chance against anybody.
          We all know why the Pacquiao fight hasn't happened.

Mayweather didn't turn down 8 million because he was ducking Margarito.
          He turned it down because it would have renewed his Top Rank contract.
          Bob Arum wanted more options on floyds future fights.

So Floyd turned it down and made 8 million to fight Baldomir. Minus Bob Arum. (bought out bobs contract for 750,000)
          Smartest thing Mayweather ever did.

Look all of these fights didn't happen for one reason or another.......but it doesn't change the fact that floyd is an all time great. EVEN WITHOUT A PACQUIAO FIGHT.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            We all know why the Pacquiao fight hasn't happened.

Mayweather didn't turn down 8 million because he was ducking Margarito.
            He turned it down because it would have renewed his Top Rank contract.
            Bob Arum wanted more options on floyds future fights.

So Floyd turned it down and made 8 million to fight Baldomir. Minus Bob Arum. (bought out bobs contract for 750,000)
            Smartest thing Mayweather ever did.

Look all of these fights didn't happen for one reason or another.......but it doesn't change the fact that floyd is an all time great. EVEN WITHOUT A PACQUIAO FIGHT.
            I think many of you guys have been misquoting me. I never said he wasnt an ATG, I just said he's not the GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Both are pass their primes but Pacquiao has been in some brutal fights over his career.

I feel Floyd is the fresher fighter of the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                Both are pass their primes but Pacquiao has been in some brutal fights over his career.

I feel Floyd is the fresher fighter of the two.
                Agree with this.

Comment

• Actually, Floyd's legacy is stuck between his ass cheeks. If you don't believe me just ask fiddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                    Yes, their both slick fighters, but that's where the comparison ends. Ray Robinson was an ultra aggresive slick boxer/puncher. He threw insane combinations to the head and body, had one punch KO power, and had the speed to go along with it.

Edit: also one of the toughest fighters of all time. The dude was insanely durable.
                    Ray Robinson was not slick. He was much closer to Arguello in style than Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      Ray Robinson was not slick. He was much closer to Arguello in style than Floyd.
                      He was absolutely slick. He grandfathered the style that Ali,SRL,FLOYD,JONES,etc. use today. If theirs no Ray Rob, we might be seeing a bunch of Joe Louis clones, who the fugg knows.

Don't just watch his KO highlights on youtube, watch the full fights. He was no doubt slick.
                      Last edited by timboslice708; 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X