No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
    No I think you guys are trolling, saying a Mayweather win over Marquez is better than a Hopkins win over Wright.
    Your reasoning for why the win ranks higher is beyond ridiculous. And if you can't see that, you might just be an as(s)pie. You might as well have just saved face and said you were trolling.

BTW, nobody with any credibility would ever rank Winky Wright ahead Marquez p4p.

Marquez is a guy that's a shoe-in 1st ballot hall of famer as well as ATG.

Winky Wright is a guy that might not even get in the HOF, and if he does, it'll take him several years to get in in all likelihood.

So Mayweather beat, by all accounts a greater fighter under similar circumstances (moving up 2 weight classes) only he made it look easier... but yet the win doesn't rank higher? How does that work?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
      Your reasoning for why the win ranks higher is beyond ridiculous. And if you can't see that, you might just be an as(s)pie. You might as well have just saved face and said you were trolling.

BTW, nobody with any credibility would ever rank Winky Wright ahead Marquez p4p.
      Neither one of those was really the argument.

My first reply to daze had to do with the logic that Hop/Wright wasn't even looked at as a quality win compared to May's over Marquez.

and Wright has been P4P #2 himself at one time. stop lol

You guys are having fights with stuff I'm not even talking about.

Comment

Neither one of those was really the argument.

My first reply to daze had to do with the logic that Hop/Wright wasn't even looked at as a quality win compared to May's over Marquez.

and Wright has been P4P #2 himself at one time. stop lol

You guys having fights with stuff I'm not even talking about.
        It's not a better win than Mayweather's over Marquez. And if it is, prove it. Saying it's better because Hopkins had a tough time is beyond stupid. That's like saying Mayweather's win over Hatton is better than Hearns' win over Duran because Mayweather had a tougher time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It's not a better win than Mayweather's over Marquez. And if it is, prove it. Saying it's better because Hopkins had a tough time is beyond stupid. That's like saying Mayweather's win over Hatton is better than Hearns' win over Duran because Mayweather had a tougher time.
          You're still looking at it purely esthetically.

Hopkins' win over Wright is comparable given Wright's status on the P4P AND the quality of fight.

Floyd just has the accolade of beating the P4P #2 (that's let's all be honest thought the fight was largely bogus, and then preposterous when Floyd couldn't make the catchweight) with the challenge of a near tomato can in front him.

Comment

You're still looking at it purely esthetically.

Hopkins' win over Wright is comparable given Wright's status on the P4P AND the quality of fight.

Floyd just has the accolade of beating the P4P #2 (that's let's all be honest thought the fight was largely bogus, and then preposterous when Floyd couldn't make the catchweight) with the challenge of a near tomato can in front him.
            What does this word mean?

Comment

• I'm not usng it in the strict manner of definition, if that's what you want to know. It's a reference to 'cosmetic' looking at something on the outside. visually pleasing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post

Marquez is a guy that's a shoe-in 1st ballot hall of famer as well as ATG.

Winky Wright is a guy that might not even get in the HOF, and if he does, it'll take him several years to get in in all likelihood.

So Mayweather beat, by all accounts a greater fighter under similar circumstances (moving up 2 weight classes) only he made it look easier... but yet the win doesn't rank higher? How does that work? :thinking:
                floyd dominates fights and thats some how a negative for him another fighter has a close fight and that some how makes that fighter great,its like when marquez fought pacquiao no one said anything because it was a close fight so it was acceptable but before that fight was sighned everyone thought pacqauiao was going to blow marquez out and that marquez had no chance in hell at beating manny at ww and at the age of 38

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Again with your "are you serious?" as if the guys I mention are chumps. Castillo drew with Johnston who was a slick southpaw but asking how he would do against Spinks isn't a serious question? WTF? Yes it's a serious question.
                  That version of Cory Spinks? Yes, are you serious?

A prime Stevie Johnston and that version of Cory Spinks are not in the same sentance.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Castillo vs Hopkins, Hopkins, Spinks and Winky. Who does he beat and who does he lose to? The reason why you keep dodging the question is because you know the answer and you don't like it. Castillo would lose badly to Hopkins twice, he would lose badly to Winky and he would at least struggle a lot against Spinks, but somehow he's a better fighter than Taylor?
                  Castillo would lose to Hopkins. Winky's a competitive fight and he beats Spinks with ease.

Again, the point here is?

And I've answered this quesiton already by the way. So, I'm not dodging it. I've also highlighted twice that I'm not sure what your point is.

Even if he lost all 3 of these fights, why does that mean he's not better than Taylor?

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  At least I'm glad you guys stopped mentioning Corrales.
                  I never mentioned Corrales at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    That version of Cory Spinks? Yes, are you serious?

A prime Stevie Johnston and that version of Cory Spinks are not in the same sentance.

Castillo would lose to Hopkins. Winky's a competitive fight and he beats Spinks with ease.

Again, the point here is?

And I've answered this quesiton already by the way. So, I'm not dodging it. I've also highlighted twice that I'm not sure what your point is.

Even if he lost all 3 of these fights, why does that mean he's not better than Taylor?

I never mentioned Corrales at all.
                    was taylor considered a great fighter before he fought hopkins?no he was still kinda young, so he beats bernard twice in 2 close fights and after that he was looked at as an overrated fighter, i don't know how a fighter that only has 2 good wins against the same fighter makes him great or greater than fighters like corrales and castillo who are more recognized in the boxing world.when people think of taylor they don't think of the hopkins wins they think about him getting knocked out

Comment

• Guys try way too hard when they try and claim that Mayweather ducked Winky Wright.

When Winky Wright openly priced himself out and walked away from a 50/50 split. And not for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                      X