No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post

announcer 1 "coming to the final seconds of the fight i cannot tell you who won."

announcer 2 "no. a lot of mystery here."

do you ever get tired of lying and being full of sh-it?
    lol, ok, so i was wrong. i distinctly remember the announcers being down on castillo for most of the fight. either way, most ppl had castillo winning the fight. if u replay the fight, it seems pretty clear to me he won. johnstons corner was alson not impressed with his performance and they seemed to think he was losing for a good portion of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      lol, ok, so i was wrong. i distinctly remember the announcers being down on castillo for most of the fight. either way, most ppl had castillo winning the fight. if u replay the fight, it seems pretty clear to me he won. johnstons corner was alson not impressed with his performance and they seemed to think he was losing for a good portion of the fight.
      I'm not even sure what point he's trying to make. "Oh look, the announcers thought the fight was close!" Well yeah...it was. A brilliant match between two excellent lightweights. One considered a pound for pounder and the other getting his just due immediately after. And like real champs, they had an immediate rematch. It's not a knock on Castillo that he fought on even terms with a prime Stevie Johnston. It's a compliment.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        The same as Winky's. Maybe better depending on how you saw the Manny fight. Ahh so you agree that it's comparable?

No. given you said Hopkin's win over Wink wasn't even on May's win over Marquez's level.

It's a great win for Hop since many arguably thought Wright won (Wink is tough people need to stop playin - only P.Will really embarrassed him of late *the only fight where he used his lanky attributes and didn't give up his measurement strengths*). Again I had Hop by a single point, so I knew scores were going to be swinging both ways when I came on here, and they were.

I'm sorry it's just hate sweeping that win under the rug. B Hop EARNED that one. One of those times where a weight class advantage made no difference.

Comment

I'm not even sure what point he's trying to make. "Oh look, the announcers thought the fight was close!" Well yeah...it was. A brilliant match between two excellent lightweights. One considered a pound for pounder and the other getting his just due immediately after. And like real champs, they had an immediate rematch. It's not a knock on Castillo that he fought on even terms with a prime Stevie Johnston. It's a compliment.
          well i get what lightspeed's point is, but daggum? he hates every boxer. hes the only person on this forum that come on here to simply hate on fighters. its kinda what he does. hes entertaining with it sometimes, but sometimes he goes full ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
            No. given you said Hopkin's win over Wink wasn't even on May's win over Marquez's level.

It's a great win for Hop since many arguably thought Wright won (Wink is tough people need to stop playin - only P.Will really embarrassed him of late *the only fight where he used his lanky attributes and didn't give up his measurement strengths*). Again I had Hop by a single point, so I knew scores were going to be swinging both ways when I came on here, and they were.

I'm sorry it's just hate sweeping that win under the rug. B Hop EARNED that one. One of those times where a weight class advantage made no difference.
            Yeah, I say that because while both had to move up, Marquez is a greater fighter than Winky pound for pound. Lol @ hate for Hopkins. There are few fighters I respect more. I can't even tell you who is greater between him and Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              well i get what lightspeed's point is, but daggum? he hates every boxer. hes the only person on this forum that come on here to simply hate on fighters. its kinda what he does. hes entertaining with it sometimes, but sometimes he goes full ******.
              Daggum is a f*g who gets hard every time he sees the name Calzaghe or Mayweather. Sometimes it's entertaining but it's been years now and the schtick is tired. Even worse, we're seeing what's underneath is just bitterness. I don't even think he follows the sport.

Comment

Yeah, I say that because while both had to move up, Marquez is a greater fighter than Winky pound for pound. Lol @ hate for Hopkins. There are few fighters I respect more. I can't even tell you who is greater between him and Floyd.
                considering the context THEN was Marquez even on the P4P list?

Winky went as high as #2 himself if I remember right, and was #3-5 when Hop fought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
                  considering the context THEN was Marquez even on the P4P list?

Winky went as high as #2 himself if I remember right, and was #3-5 when Hop fought him.
                  Marquez was #2 when Floyd fought him. Personally, I don't care for that sort of debate but if you wanna use that logic then consider yourself owned.

Comment

Daggum is a f*g who gets hard every time he sees the name Calzaghe or Mayweather. Sometimes it's entertaining but it's been years now and the schtick is tired. Even worse, we're seeing what's underneath is just bitterness. I don't even think he follows the sport.
                    boxing isn't a sport. it' a business -floyd mayweather jr

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      boxing isn't a sport. it' a business -floyd mayweather jr
                      so thats why u hate it so much?

Comment

Working...
                      X