No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
    If those guys in bold are as good as you say then why didn't they go up to SMW and dominate. after all if a B- level fighter can become a multi divisional champ according to you then those guys should have been able to win a fair few championship fights at SMW?

as for dominating trinidad, pavlik and tarver. well pavlik and tarver were hand picked. ever since fighting winky wright hopkins has surveyed the SMW/LHW scene and picked out elite fighters which he knows he is stylistically good against. the opposition know the b-hop is big name and 9/10 they agree to the fight.

people say hopkins is skilled. yes to a degree but hes not as skilled as pbf in fact hes nowhere near. hopkins spoils fights upsets his opponents rhythm and his defence is very cute. defensively he is almost or just as skilled as floyd, however offensivelys hes nowehre near!!!

he doesn't land with the same accuracy, his jab is not as effective and I think he struggles when he has to attack sometimes (watch the taylor fight and he looks sloppy when he comes forward). evenf loyds inside game is better than hopkins but thats a whole new post...
    You might as well respond to my above post. Struggles when he has to attack? I advise you go watch a prime Hopkins as he was, for the most part the aggressor, and Floyd's inside game is not better than Hopkins, I would say Hopkins' is better. Hopkins operated better in the clinches as well. Floyd was the better boxer though.

Comment

pretty hard to say

Comment

Hopkins top wins

Winky Wright - Top 3 P4P
        Tito Trinidad - Top 3 P4P
        Antonio Tarver - Top 10 P4P
        Kelly Pavlik - Top 10 P4P

Its not close. B-Hop>>>>>>>Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Hopkins top wins

Winky Wright - Top 3 P4P
          Tito Trinidad - Top 3 P4P
          Antonio Tarver - Top 10 P4P
          Kelly Pavlik - Top 10 P4P

Its not close. B-Hop>>>>>>>Floyd
          neither of these guys were p4p, smh. and i doubt trinidad was top 3

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            He could take another young fighter's O by beating Cleverly or Cloud if he beats Pascal, while beating his own record for oldest man to win a world title.

You need to take into account the fact that half these great fighters were smaller than Hop, while Floyd was the smaller man moving up when he beat most of his best opponents.

Also Floyd fought the #1 guy in 4 of his 5 weightclasses and is the only undefeated 5 division champ.
            I do take into account that fact. 3 of those guys were Baldomir & Mosley, (no where near the prime version). Then Cotto. I've already done that.

All in all, Personally I'm far more impressed with Hopkins resume win or lose because like I said outside of his losses to Jones & Dawson, the rest were controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Mayweather decisively, and I believe it's only hatred that has Hopkins winning the poll.

Okay, nevermind after reading some posts.
              I hate Mayweather and I voted for him. I have to agree, and I'm surprised Hopkins is winning right now but that'll be the reason.

Hopkins has far too many losses.

Gotta give this one to May.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                neither of these guys were p4p, smh. and i doubt trinidad was top 3
                Yes both Pavlik and Tarver were P4P top 10 when B-Hop fought them and Trinidad was top 3 P4P at the time(with Roy and Mosley)

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Yes both Pavlik and Tarver were P4P top 10 when B-Hop fought them and Trinidad was top 3 P4P at the time(with Roy and Mosley)
                  no, they werent. they were ranked fighters in their division pavlik was the mw champ yes. they werent p4p. where were u looking boxrec? theres no way in hell tarver was p4p. and pavlik wasnt either.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    no, they werent. they were ranked fighters in their division. they werent p4p. where were u looking boxrec? theres no way in hell tarver was p4p. and pavlik wasnt either.
                    lol at ranked in their division. Both Pavlik and Tarver were unanimous champions in their divisions and top 10 P4P I don't have to look this up it was common knowledge based on who they beat.

Comment

B-Hop Easily!

Comment

Working...
                      X