Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Whether you like it or not he was ranked #1 by Ring magazine. And it's not just Baldomir, Mosley was also the linear WW champ when Floyd beat him.
      if hopkins was mayweather he would have fought zsolt erdei because he was linear champ and ducked tarver, dawson, and pascal.

Comment

poll is just about even

guess they are really close

Comment

Hopkins, but definitely not by alot.

They're very close.

Comment

I defantly pick floyd , Hopkins in my opinion is slightly overrated he lost to the two best he fought beat a under sized Oscar the best fighter he beat was Tito and apart from that he beat a lot of good but not great fighters, Winky was not a natural at the weight Johnson was decent , pascal was decent, pavlick overrated and he lost to Taylor and Dawson ? I know most will disagree with me but I think him being as good as he is at the age he is has made people over rate him

Comment

some of the replies are definitely making me lean towards floyd now

as people have stated, most of floyd greatest wins came as he was fighting a bigger opponent, or moving up in weight

where for hopkins people were always moving up in weight to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Well you know it's B-Hop for me. Sure he's lost to some very good fighters. But the only fights he lost that were not controversial was RJ & Dawson at 47. Other than that an argument can be made for his other losses. Oldest champ (world title). Record middleweight defenses. Beat sure fore HOF'amers. He's the greatest active fighter IMO.

Floyd beat who he needed to whenever he needed to. But IMO his resume is weak. Castillo, Corrales, who has he beaten that compare to who B-Hop has beaten?? Besides losing to Roy, Tito, Tarver, Jc I mean genuine HOf'rs & all competitive.
                i don't know how can you say that about floyd and not say the same about hopkins.wins over trinidad,delahoya and winky are not great wins imo and he loss to calzaghe and taylor

Comment

This question is a joke, and shame on whoever is picking bhop.

Hopkins lost to Taylor twice, lost to Dawson, lost to Calzage

Floyd is undefeated and champion in 5 weight classes...

Hopkins signature win is vs a bloated Oscar and tito, a weight drained tarver and pascal..

Who did he beat in his 20 fight middle weight run? Joppy and Eastman were his biggest name? Get real

Being undefeated means nothing I see..

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Well you know it's B-Hop for me. Sure he's lost to some very good fighters. But the only fights he lost that were not controversial was RJ & Dawson at 47. Other than that an argument can be made for his other losses. Oldest champ (world title). Record middleweight defenses. Beat sure fore HOF'amers. He's the greatest active fighter IMO.

Floyd beat who he needed to whenever he needed to. But IMO his resume is weak. Castillo, Corrales, who has he beaten that compare to who B-Hop has beaten?? Besides losing to Roy, Tito, Tarver, Jc I mean genuine HOf'rs & all competitive.
                    Other than Tito who has Hopkins beaten that compares to Castillo or Corrales?

Comment

bhop. mayweather is more talented but bhop fought pretty much everyone and up until his twilight years was "in" every fight more/less

Comment

Working...
                      X