Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins easliy. He fought everyone in his way to become undisputed champion. Mayweather was only a careful titlist. Mayweather could have done it but he took the easy route,

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Marquez was #2 when Floyd fought him. Personally, I don't care for that sort of debate but if you wanna use that logic then consider yourself owned.
      How? You've been the one comparing esthetics, I'm comparing quality. and It's not true that May/Marquez is on some level greater than Hops/Wright.

Marquez was no challenge whatsoever to Floyd despite his standing.

Wright gave Hopkins tactical hell only losing because he ran out of gas. And many STILL thought he won!

They reached similar heights on the P4P but Wink was in his own league compared to JM.
      Last edited by Haglerwins; 08-05-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Hopkins is higher on my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
          How? You've been the one comparing esthetics, I'm comparing quality. and It's not true that May/Marquez is on some level greater that Hops/Wright.

Marquez was no challenge whatsoever to Floyd despite his standing.

Wright gave Hopkins tactical hell only losing because he ran out of gas. And many STILL thought he won!

They reached similar heights on the P4P but Wink was in his own league compared to JM.
          This post makes no sense.

Comment

• I think they're very close as it stands i may be leaning a little towards floyd but if somebody said hopkins i wouldn't argue ... a win over pacman or a couple more wins against other properly top guys and it becomes decisive for floyd ... without that i can see it both ways.

Comment

This post makes no sense.
              You really are dazed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                What is Hopkins going to do in the remainder of his career at 47 years of age to surpass him?
                Hopkins has a good 20 years left in him.

Comment

You really are dazed.
                  Man just take your loss. You had the nerve to say Winky was rated #3-5 p4p when he fought Hopkins and thus it's a better win. When I point out how Marquez was #2 p4p now you have some new bull****. My name may be dazed but you're flat out confused.

Comment

Man just take your loss. You had the nerve to say Winky was rated #3-5 p4p when he fought Hopkins and thus it's a better win. When I point out how Marquez was #2 p4p now you have some new bull****. My name may be dazed but you're flat out confused.
                    You're defeating your own argument if you just want to stick to esthetics. Marquez at #2 P4P didn't look like he belonged in the same class as Floyd.

Winky gave Hop hell at what position he was in (likely lower). made moving up in weight look like it didn't even mean anything.

and May/Marquez is on a higher level than that just because of JM's P4P status?

Please.

Comment

You're defeating your own argument if you just want to stick to esthetics. Marquez at #2 P4P didn't look like he belonged in the same class as Floyd.

Winky gave Hop hell at what position he was in (likely lower). made moving up in weight look like it didn't even mean anything.

and May/Marquez is on a higher level than that just because of JM's P4P status?

Please.
                      Winky giving Hopkins "hell" doesn't mean he should be rated higher than Marquez. That doesn't even make sense. And second, you brought up the pound for pound debate. You! Lmao. Wasn't that you using the argument that the Winky win was better because he was rated #3-5 and saying that Marquez wasn't even ranked? Well guess what? You were wrong. So save the chatter.

Comment

Working...
                      X