Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on that.

I don't rate Jermain Taylor at all.

No way was he better than Jose Luis Castillo.
    Seriously. I mean...what the hell is Cory Spinks doing fighting at middleweight??

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Seriously. I mean...what the hell is Cory Spinks doing fighting at middleweight??

Another poster actually said "How would Castillo do agasint Spinks"

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        I seriously doubt Floyd would go undefeated fighting Taylor, Winky, Tarver and Dawson (if they were around the same weight) and I know he wouldn't beat prime RJ.
        I think he would go undefeated, but if we're talking about having to face them at the age in which Hopkins did, which I think that's where your getting at, then I agree with you.

Comment

lou dibella always matches his guys with smaller fighters. berto, taylor, hopkins when he was with dibella. after sergio loses to the much bigger chavez zsolt erdei will be his best fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Another poster actually said "How would Castillo do agasint Spinks"

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              lou dibella always matches his guys with smaller fighters. berto, taylor, hopkins when he was with dibella. after sergio loses to the much bigger chavez zsolt erdei will be his best fighter.
              Yeah, a lot of promoters do that with fighters they're trying to protect. To his credit, Martinez did move up to 160.

Comment

• BTW, kudos to everyone in this thread. And other threads today. Haven't seen good ol' fashioned hard-hitting debating like this around here in ages.

Comment

Dude...Jermain Taylor looked like doo-doo . In fact, I thought he lost. He spent most of his reign fighting 154lbers and looking like **** doing so. And then got flattened by Pavlik.
                  It was a typical Cory Spinks fight. Who looked exceptional against Spinks when he still had legs? I'll give you Zab in the rematch, maybe. Spinks was a spoiler. If the crowd booed it meant he was doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    It was a typical Cory Spinks fight. Who looked exceptional against Spinks when he still had legs? I'll give you Zab in the rematch, maybe. Spinks was a spoiler. If the crowd booed it meant he was doing well.
                    He wasn't a spoiler against Taylor anymore than Taylor was against him. He was flat out beating Taylor 5-2 when I fell asleep after round seven. And he had no business being at 160. I mean..WTH??

Comment

• Floyd of course,it should`nt even be a debate.

Floyd is a 8 time champ in 5 weight classes and is undefeated while Hopkins is 3 time champ in 2 weight classes and has numerous losses on his record
                      so do the math.Plus Floyd fought fighters who was ranked number 1 in all the weight classes like Hopkins and like Hopkins beat numerous future Hall of Famers.

Floyd is also more talented and has better boxing skills.So if you do the Math it would equal Floyd with the better legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X