No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I don't know why dummies add losses like it enhances their resume. Reggie Strickland fought Roy Jones so where do we rank him? How about Zab? He must be a God.
    I mean if it was a robbery I can see it but losses don't really help a fighters resume out. I understand the mindset of this guy took on all comers but if he lost to certain fighters he surely doesn't get extra props, especially if you're comparing him to another fighter that has been fighting top talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
      And Hopkins has lost to some of those guys. Do you think Floyd would lose to any of those guys or talent similar to that in his division.... I really doubt it. Floyd is simply better than Hopkins.
      but we will never know because he won't fight them. How do you get credit for not fighting?

Comment

I mean if it was a robbery I can see it but losses don't really help a fighters resume out. I understand the mindset of this guy took on all comers but if he lost to certain fighters he surely doesn't get extra props, especially if you're comparing him to another fighter that has been fighting top talent.
        have you seen hopkins losses and draws? most of them could easily be wins and probably should be. i see people giving marquez tons of credit because he should have beat pac but hopkins gets no credit for fights that he should have won?

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          have you seen hopkins losses and draws? most of them could easily be wins and probably should be.
          Sorry, throwing in Roy Jones and Chad Dawson doesn't make that ok. I understand in the case of Calzaghe and Taylor but the former two names changes the landscape quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            He could take another young fighter's O by beating Cleverly or Cloud if he beats Pascal, while beating his own record for oldest man to win a world title.
            Beating Nathan Cleverly is not enough to surpass Floyd Mayweather.

That's if someone were to consider him to be above Hopkins as it stands, of course.

Comment

And Hopkins has lost to some of those guys. Do you think Floyd would lose to any of those guys or talent similar to that in his division.... I really doubt it. Floyd is simply better than Hopkins.
              I seriously doubt Floyd would go undefeated fighting Taylor, Winky, Tarver and Dawson (if they were around the same weight) and I know he wouldn't beat prime RJ.

Comment

• It's gotta be Mayweather for me, I feel Hopkins didn't do enough at the higher weights, May's resume is really impressive especially since he's only been in like 1 or 2 close fights ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I seriously doubt Floyd would go undefeated fighting Taylor, Winky, Tarver and Dawson (if they were around the same weight) and I know he wouldn't beat prime RJ.
                  Winky is the only one on that list that has a chance in hell at beating Floyd. And he definitely wasnt prime so so much for that. Tarver, Taylor Dawson? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    It's gotta be Mayweather for me, I feel Hopkins didn't do enough at the higher weights, May's resume is really impressive especially since he's only been in like 1 or 2 close fights ever.
                    calzaghe was only in 1 or 2 close fights. i guess he's better than both. TOTAL DOMINATION.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      calzaghe was only in 1 or 2 close fights. i guess he's better than both. TOTAL DOMINATION.
                      The difference is Mayweather actually fought ranked fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X