Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward v Dawson RBR/Pre/Post fight discussion master thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgracefull performance!! The LtHvy Champion of the World wins the first round by standing tall with his hands UP then doesn't repeat the first round style again!! Weight choice WAS wrong but thats what he did, you go UP in class not DOWN!!! This guy knows how to box but for some reason thinks he needs to take a punchers posture but then all he does IS POSTURE! Terrible peformance from Dawson a real shame how some of the fighters today don't know what their doing in the ring. This is the second time (Pasqual sp.) Dawson turns in a Non-World Champ peformance!!!
    Ward did what he needed to do to win, the right hook he got hit with in the first few rounds was eliminated by his counter hook then he got off first with his. Good fighter who came to fight!!! Ray

Comment

• at Ward's "controversial" win over Mikkel Kessler.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        CONTROVERSIAL?!? That was a straight up beatdown of an across-the-board inferior opponent. Kessler and any of his fans really don't want to see that rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post

dawson shld be fighting at the 175 limit and not 168
          looks like he has aids in the second photo.

Thought it was Timothy Bradley with a head size reduction,

Comment

• Brutal beatdown by a far superior fighter. Much respect to Andre, what a performance.

Comment

• Happy I called this result. The cut Dawson received wasn't as important as predicted though

Comment

• Ward turned in his best performance in my opinion.

Comment

• How would the Fight have been Different at 175

If Ward went up and fought Chad at 175, how would it have been different in terms of each fighters strategy, particularly Ward's?

I bet on Chad because I thought he would be able to do for 12 rounds what he did in round 1, which was keep his distance and land shots here and there.

It seemed to me, that Ward fought as if he was trying to get Chad out of there. Something that I don't think he would even try, let alone be successful at, at light heavy...

I don't know if Chad was "weight drained" in the fight, but it would be a different fight at 175 pounds...and I now think Ward would win at that weight as well and even though I do not wish to see a rematch, I can't help but wonder what if this bout had been contested under different circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    If Ward went up and fought Chad at 175, how would it have been different in terms of each fighters strategy, particularly Ward's?

I bet on Chad because I thought he would be able to do for 12 rounds what he did in round 1, which was keep his distance and land shots here and there.

It seemed to me, that Ward fought as if he was trying to get Chad out of there. Something that I don't think he would even try, let alone be successful at, at light heavy...

I don't know if Chad was "weight drained" in the fight, but it would be a different fight at 175 pounds...and I now think Ward would win at that weight as well and even though I do not wish to see a rematch, I can't help but wonder what if this bout had been contested under different circumstances.
                    I am a fan of Wards. However the weight IMHO did make a difference. That's not to say that Ward couldn't have won or even done the same at LHW. I believe though that it was less about what Ward could do and more about what Dawson WAS NOT doing.

I've watched both fighters, and Dawson did not look like Dawson in every other fight. Had Dawson tried and failed, that would have been one thing, but Dawson never seemed himself. He was game and clearly wanted win from the beginning. However once Ward was able to frustrate him early on, Dawson could not turn it up.

Dawson is not and never has been a gladiator type who rushes in and just imposes his will. He's a boxer, not a fighter. Still, throughout Ward/Dawson Chad seemed timid, weak and unable to muster up the energy to keep Ward off of him and earn his respect.

People don't like to hear it but weight is the ultimate discrepancy in combat sports. It plays a much bigger role than most believe. Just because Dawson rehydrated didn't completely lessen the impact that making 168 had on him.

Respect to Ward as I have enjoyed watching him take on all comers and still remain victorious, but Dawson IMHO deserves credit for coming down and not forcing Ward to come up.

In fact, I think that Dawson was hinting in the post-fight interview that because he was willing to come and fight in Ward's backyard, Ward should rematch Dawson at 175lbs and see how well he would do in Chad's backyard. It would only be fair.Fans would pay to see it after this last bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                      I am a fan of Wards. However the weight IMHO did make a difference. That's not to say that Ward couldn't have won or even done the same at LHW. I believe though that it was less about what Ward could do and more about what Dawson WAS NOT doing.

I've watched both fighters, and Dawson did not look like Dawson in every other fight. Had Dawson tried and failed, that would have been one thing, but Dawson never seemed himself. He was game and clearly wanted win from the beginning. However once Ward was able to frustrate him early on, Dawson could not turn it up.

Dawson is not and never has been a gladiator type who rushes in and just imposes his will. He's a boxer, not a fighter. Still, throughout Ward/Dawson Chad seemed timid, weak and unable to muster up the energy to keep Ward off of him and earn his respect.

People don't like to hear it but weight is the ultimate discrepancy in combat sports. It plays a much bigger role than most believe. Just because Dawson rehydrated didn't completely lessen the impact that making 168 had on him.

Respect to Ward as I have enjoyed watching him take on all comers and still remain victorious, but Dawson IMHO deserves credit for coming down and not forcing Ward to come up.

In fact, I think that Dawson was hinting in the post-fight interview that because he was willing to come and fight in Ward's backyard, Ward should rematch Dawson at 175lbs and see how well he would do in Chad's backyard. It would only be fair.Fans would pay to see it after this last bout.
                      great post bro

Comment

Working...
                      X