Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward v Dawson RBR/Pre/Post fight discussion master thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward's performance is something I won't forget for a long time. Never doubted S.O.G., came through in a big way tonight. Respect to Dawson for taking the fight.

Comment

• Dawson is getting underrated and Ward is getting slightly overrated. Before anyone thinks I'm a hater, I picked Ward to win and win convincingly...and if you don't believe you can always look through post history.

Saying that here is my take:

That was not the real Chad in there, I hate playing this card but if you box or have boxed you can notice subtle things, for example, Even before the first kd in the third Dawson all of a sudden started gulping air and you could see that he was not right, in the first 2 rounds for the most part he was his usual self. But his legs went to complete rubber after that left hook. We have seen Dawson down and hurt before, but this was different he had no strength in his legs whatsoever, he was dipping from jabs. Now if Ward was a destructive puncher than I would give him all the credit, but he is not, he has pop, but I do not believe for one minute that he can hit Dawson that hard that he could paralyse him like that and make him afraid to throw his jab, and that is exactly what happened.

He couldn't take any of Wards power, and that makes it impossible to execute any kind of game plan, you literally can't do anything especially considering the calibre of Ward. Dawson should never have taken that fight at 168, his powers of recovery were similar to Amir Khans when he was at 135. I have always been hard on Dawsons career, mainly because his performance are so inconsistent, and he has never made the most of his talent, but this time, that was not a fair reflection of both fighters. Dawson needs to go back to 175 and take the fight again in the future AT 175. He may lose again, but I'm sure it won't be like that.

Comment

• Not surprised Ward won by stoppage, Dawson really has no business at this weight now.

It's a good win for Ward but would've liked to have seen him step-up to challenge Dawson and not have Dawson step-down.

Comment

• I thought Dawson was drained. I didn't expect a dominating performance of that magnitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I thought Dawson was drained. I didn't expect a dominating performance of that magnitude.
            you aint lying man...I didn't see that one coming...as far as Chad being drained?...it did look like he was stuck and his guns was jammed...dude wasn't really firing nothing!!...smh...plus he wasn't taking those shots that good imo...looked weird imo...still props to SOG...he went in and handled his like a OG

Comment

• dawson shld be fighting at the 175 limit and not 168

Comment

• Major props to Ward, he gained a lot of fans last night including me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  The list of potential opponents is pretty thin. Ward basically cleaned out the division. Of course there was his controversial win over Kessler so the only real challenge for him is, as I said, Kessler in Denmark where Ward has to clean up his style.

Other than that? Maybe Junior but who knows when he'll move up?
                  CONTROVERSIAL?!? That was a straight up beatdown of an across-the-board inferior opponent. Kessler and any of his fans really don't want to see that rematch.

Comment

• PLEASE....No More Nick Cannon

Comment

• I got 4 things to say :

1.Ward exceeded my very high expectations. This dude is special, best fighter of his generation right now.

2. Dawson gets whooped by dynamic fighters, I got Pascal beating him again after he spanks Cloud.

3. I want some gifs! DE100 get on it!!!!

4. Nick Cannon, don't quit your day job.

Comment

Working...
                      X