No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Start Selection Process Very Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    You people need to quit fooling yourselves. It's not going to be Canelo at MSG.
    Everybody wants to fight at least once at the MSG

Comment

If Alvarez walks into MSG in NYC, the Puerto Rican capital of the United States basically, and beats Cotto, that would be HUGE!!!

Comment

Alvarez isn't going to go to MSG to fight Cotto. He isn't going to dictate to Cotto where to go either. Cotto is a very small JMW. Everyone is giving him a hard time for fight Njikam, a lower top 10 MW, but Guerrero fights Aydin, a lower top 10 WW, and gets praised for showing guts and heart. The hypocrasy on this site is unreal sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          If Alvarez walks into MSG in NYC, the Puerto Rican capital of the United States basically, and beats Cotto, that would be HUGE!!!
          He isn't gonna be ready for Cotto until 2014. With Floyd on the line, GB isn't gonna risk him losing any fights until then. Floyd-Canelo May 2013.

Comment

I'd love to see Alvarez-Cotto.

Would be a huge event.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Alvarez isn't going to go to MSG to fight Cotto. He isn't going to dictate to Cotto where to go either. Cotto is a very small JMW. Everyone is giving him a hard time for fight Njikam, a lower top 10 MW, but Guerrero fights Aydin, a lower top 10 WW, and gets praised for showing guts and heart. The hypocrasy on this site is unreal sometimes.
              Guerrero jumped 2 weight classes to beat Aydin, and didn't get all that much praise. Most say it's just a solid win over a Top 10 WW, nothing more or less, which is what it is. It'll be the same for Cotto if he fights and beats N'Jikam. Most are just saying Cotto, if he indeed wants to win a title at MW, should target fights like Pirog/Golovkin-Proksa winner/Geale-Sturm winner, instead of N'Jikam. It would mean more if he did that.

And I think GBP has more faith to let Alvarez fight Cotto before Floyd. Alvarez-Cotto is already a huge event, and if Alvarez were to beat Cotto, it makes Mayweather-Alvarez much much much bigger for May 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Everybody wants to fight at least once at the MSG
                Not really.

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                The difference is Cotto is going to want to drain the hell out of that dude on top of another vacant belt. Guerrero didn't fight anyone special and neither is Cotto. Both overrated fights.

Comment

Chavez-Sergio winner isn't really realistic for December 1st, unless Chavez wins. Sergio only fihgts every 5-7 months, so he won't fight until Feb-Apr 2013 probably. If Chavez wins, he could fight 2 1/2 months later against Cotto, but I'm sure Chavez is headed to 168 win or lose after Sergio.

Dmitry Pirog
                  Geale-Sturm winner
                  Golovkin-Proksa winner
                  Hassan N'Jikam

That's the order in how meanignful each fight would be. I don't see why he only wants to fight N'Jikam at 160, not the other 3 possibilities.
                  I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto/Sturm, he's the most valuable opponent next to Martinez and I think it's a winnable fight.

Comment

Guerrero jumped 2 weight classes to beat Aydin, and didn't get all that much praise. Most say it's just a solid win over a Top 10 WW, nothing more or less, which is what it is. It'll be the same for Cotto if he fights and beats N'Jikam. Most are just saying Cotto, if he indeed wants to win a title at MW, should target fights like Pirog/Golovkin-Proksa winner/Geale-Sturm winner, instead of N'Jikam. It would mean more if he did that.

And I think GBP has more faith to let Alvarez fight Cotto before Floyd. Alvarez-Cotto is already a huge event, and if Alvarez were to beat Cotto, it makes Mayweather-Alvarez much much much bigger for May 2013.
                    Maybe you're right, but I'd be very very surprised if Cotto-Canelo happened before Floyd-Canelo. You are right though, it would make the fight that much bigger if Canelo could upset Cotto, but I just don't see it.

As for Njikam, I think Cotto knows he has size limitations and going to MW is pushing it. All of these guys will have a significant size advantage on him and he knows it. I think to test the waters at this new weight, he is going for what he sees as a legitimate measuring stick. If he beats Njikam and Floyd-Canelo meet up next year, taking both of them off the table, he can go for Martinez-Chavez Jr. winner, Pirog, Golovkin-Proska winner, or Sturm-Geale winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      The difference is Cotto is going to want to drain the hell out of that dude on top of another vacant belt. Guerrero didn't fight anyone special and neither is Cotto. Both overrated fights.
                      If they do meet at a CW, it will further dilute this fight I agree. If he meets him at the full MW limit, I have no issues. I agree that Guerrero's win over Aydin is overrated as well. I do wish Cotto would stop fighting for vacant belts though, gives his haters unlimited ammo on him for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X