Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield Who? Evander Becomes Unknown on NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only a few boxing names I think the public (who aren't boxing fans) will recognize:

- Mike Tyson for his in the ring super stardom rise along with earbiting, and outside the ring for his court cases
    - Mohammad Ali for all his quotable one liners and superstardom
    - George Foreman for George Foreman grills

Evander, if he is to be remembered, will only be remembered by the general public as 'that guy Tyson bit'. Anyways, when was the last time Evander was actually relevant?

Boxing doesn't have great name recognition because 1) Our athletes only 'play' 3-4 times a year - miniscule compared to other athletes and 2) You don't see their names on anything. How often do you see a Bernard Hopkins T-shirt or an Andre Ward jersey? Boxing athletes, compared to other athletes in other sports are severely lacking in putting their name out there. To be perfectly honest, I bet more people would recognize the name Arnold Palmer more then Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquaio solely based that his name is on an iced tea beverage.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I think the one who interviewed Evander was Ryan Seacrest.

Someone said it was Seacrest who interviewed him and didn't even know he was a former Olympian or boxer just thought he was a random fan at the Olympics.

Pretty sad. I would like to see the video though if anyone has it, is it on NBCOlympics.com?
      lol can't believe they have ryan seacrest doing some of the interviews for the olympic games...

Comment

what a bunch of ****

Comment

NBC is some s h I t anyways.......

Comment

I didn't see the video of the Holyfield thing.......but Seacrest replaced Jim Lampley for this Olympics who had been doing them for a record 14 games... so this type of stuff doesn't surprise me. no way lamps would have let that slide!

Comment

This is actually pretty funny.

Wish we could get a video.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                I didn't see the video of the Holyfield thing.......but Seacrest replaced Jim Lampley for this Olympics who had been doing them for a record 14 games... so this type of stuff doesn't surprise me. no way lamps would have let that slide!

Apparently it wasn't Seacrest because Seacrest and it was the new girl who replaced Ann Curry.

NBCs ratings are at an all time low with their morning show and this is why they are putting Ryan Seacrest, its sad that Matt Lauer has no clue he is next to be fired lol, its like when you go to work and they have that new guy they ask you to train, because they are going to let you go a few weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  This is actually pretty funny.

Wish we could get a video.
                  Its more embarrassing than anything, they treated Evander like some random onlooker I bet, probably saying oh how are you sir and what are you doing here? not realizing he was part of the greatest Olympic boxing team in 1984 and a future hall of famer and legend known for beating giant heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                  X