Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua could be the man who will succeed Wladimir Klitschko as HW champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua could be the man who will succeed Wladimir Klitschko as HW champion

I've been watching some videos of Anthony Joshua's fights.

He has all the tools and doesn't seem to have any serious weaknesses. Like Wladimir, he knows how to use his height to his advantage. And he has power, his opponents' expressions and body language clearly indicates his punches cause pain. He going to be very difficult to beat in the 2012 Olympics and also after he turns pro.

Joshua clearly has more potential than tall heavyweight up-and-comers like Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-29-2012, 01:50 PM.

Wlad will not be succeeded, he will be destroyed and knocked out of boxing by David Price.

Comment

when is he scheduled to fight? He's set to fight Cuban Erislandy Savon

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        when is he scheduled to fight? He's set to fight Cuban Erislandy Savon
        It will be on Wednesday, Aug 1. Here's the schedule:

http://www.london2012.com/boxing/eve...1kg/index.html

Comment

TBH best not speak too soon, he may get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by BooHoo View Post
            TBH best not speak too soon, he may get KTFO.
            I realize there have been people like Harrison and Dimitrenko who had the physical ability to do very well but turned out to lack mental strength, so I'm not saying he will definitely be the man to succeed Wlad.

I'm just saying he has the skill, size, power, and durability to become world HW champion.

Comment

VERY tough opening fight against the Cuban... they always have skill and toughness so he may end up going out in the first round!

Even if he does however im sure he will still have a good pro career as hes been blessed with pretty much all physical gifts you could want (chin tbc).

Hes also just a baby in heavyweight terms at 22 and has only been boxing since he was 18! so presumably he will only get better with more experience

exciting to see how he develops.

Comment

Why did you have to go and do this Freedom?

Yes, he looks good but he's still very inexperienced and hasn't really been tested properly on the world stage. You say he's durable but when have you ever seen him exhibit such a trait?

He laced up the gloves a couple of years ago and has already progressed well. But I think you should've saved a thread like this after the Olympics as he might not even medal. I find it astonishing that he's the gold medal favourite in London.

If he walks out with a bronze or silver, he's done incredibly well but literally pinning the gold on him already could be disastrous. I think it's more appropriate to talk about a fighter who's already won a bronze at the Olympics and has amassed a 13 fight record in the professionals already.

By the time Joshua is in line for fighting the champions of the division, Wlad will be long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Why did you have to go and do this Freedom?

Yes, he looks good but he's still very inexperienced and hasn't really been tested properly on the world stage. You say he's durable but when have you ever seen him exhibit such a trait?

He laced up the gloves a couple of years ago and has already progressed well. But I think you should've saved a thread like this after the Olympics as he might not even medal. I find it astonishing that he's the gold medal favourite in London.

If he walks out with a bronze or silver, he's done incredibly well but literally pinning the gold on him already could be disastrous. I think it's more appropriate to talk about a fighter who's already won a bronze at the Olympics and has amassed a 13 fight record in the professionals already.

By the time Joshua is in line for fighting the champions of the division, Wlad will be long gone.

Freedom is hoping and praying for a new white European HW champ after the Klits retire, he probably won't watch boxing anymore if there isn't one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Freedom is hoping and praying for a new white European HW champ after the Klits retire, he probably won't watch boxing anymore if there isn't one lol.
                    [IMG]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1DVCJ_enGB401GB404&biw=1241&bih=555&tbm=isch&tbnid=ja54Fh_fRWquDM:&imgrefurl=http://www.********boxing.com/forum/showthread.php%3Fp%3D13456356&docid=HMCa9rYQnLetkM&imgurl=http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1632227784/image.jpg&w=469&h=500&ei=Kp0VUIfFCebB0QWFpIGgCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=656&vpy=118&dur=473&hovh=232&hovw=217&tx=124&ty=98&sig=102387342547284590763&page=1&tbnh=109&tbnw=102&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:85[/IMG]

whiter than white this one :/

Comment

Working...
                    X