Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I agree 100% man, that would be the only way to make it official. I especially agree with the second part of your post too....you can't even question the guy without some major blowback.....my main gripe is fighting 98% of your fights in your own backyard....not a good look imo.
    I can see how this is a problem. Especially in a fight like this one. Why is Ward getting all the advantages in this fight? Wtf is Dawson getting in return, Ward's belts if he wins? What good are those belts for him when he doesn't even fight at that weight class and if he decides to stay I doubt he would be able to make the weight for much longer (granted he makes weight vs Ward w/o being drained).

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      So, when did he state that? Or did you just pull that one out your arse?

Dawson seems confident he can make 168. He's said for a while he can make 168. We'll find out in September if he's telling the truth or not.
      His last 14 fights have been at 175........he had 5 or 6 fights at LHW back when he was campaigning at 168 for the most part....it doesn't take much to see why he isn't currently fighting at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        So, when did he state that? Or did you just pull that one out your arse?

Dawson seems confident he can make 168. He's said for a while he can make 168. We'll find out in September if he's telling the truth or not.
        I posted on another thread not too long ago, maybe Dawson volunteered himself on that post fight interview to fight at 168 just to get Ward's attention? My guess is, if he does make 168, he's gonna be looking like Rios.

Comment

Dawson is the one taking the risk, so therefore he'll get more credit if he wins. Ward would still get some credit though, especially if Dawson can make the weight safely and looks solid.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            I can see how this is a problem. Especially in a fight like this one. Why is Ward getting all the advantages in this fight? Wtf is Dawson getting in return, Ward's belts if he wins? What good are those belts for him when he doesn't even fight at that weight class and if he decides to stay I doubt he would be able to make the weight for much longer (granted he makes weight vs Ward w/o being drained).
            Ward is good, I can agree there but the guy gets so many advantages in every fight when he doesn't need them. If his people want him to come off as a star, a warrior, the opposite needs to happen, he needs to be taking risks. If they can pull it off then go for it but don't expect people to all of a sudden take him as the next savior of boxing.

Sure Dawson said what he said and I'm sure Ward's people were laughing like crazy behind closed doors about it but I see it as what it is...taking advantage of an opportunity. If Ward had said you know what, I want to fight you and I'll even fight you at 175.....I wouldn't care where the fight happened and I'd take back half of the crap I talk about the guy but he is continuing to display the traits that I condemn him for. Until he shows me he is different from what I believe him to be, then I will continue to see him as I see him.

Comment

I posted on another thread not too long ago, maybe Dawson volunteered himself on that post fight interview to fight at 168 just to get Ward's attention? My guess is, if he does make 168, he's gonna be looking like Rios.
              I'd really be amazed if he looked better than 75% tbh....I hope I'm wrong though because I really do think they would make for a decent scrap.

Comment

It was a post on another page that I was actually responding to, you just kind of jumped in and said my response was dumb, so........
                And? It doesn't matter who you were responding to.

It doesn't that change the fact you made an absurdly dumb reasoning.

Comment

and if Dawson beats Ward where would you put him?
                  Hypothetically Ward/Hopkins x2/Johnson x2/Tarver x2/Adamek isn't too shabby either I'm aware some of them can be classed as against fighters past their prime..

Comment

We'll find out at the weigh in.

I'm speculative myself.

But, Dawson's been saying for a while he can make 168. Even before the Ward fight came up. Obviously he feels he can make the weight. We'll see.

Comment

Ward is good, I can agree there but the guy gets so many advantages in every fight when he doesn't need them. If his people want him to come off as a star, a warrior, the opposite needs to happen, he needs to be taking risks. If they can pull it off then go for it but don't expect people to all of a sudden take him as the next savior of boxing.

Sure Dawson said what he said and I'm sure Ward's people were laughing like crazy behind closed doors about it but I see it as what it is...taking advantage of an opportunity. If Ward had said you know what, I want to fight you and I'll even fight you at 175.....I wouldn't care where the fight happened and I'd take back half of the crap I talk about the guy but he is continuing to display the traits that I condemn him for. Until he shows me he is different from what I believe him to be, then I will continue to see him as I see him.
                      Exactly. I just don't understand why Ward is calling all the shots. Dawson had the balls to call dude out and then Ward gets all the advantages.

Comment

Working...
                      X