Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    And your point is?
    Maybe that's part of the reason why Martinez is ranked ahead of him P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Maybe that's part of the reason why Martinez is ranked ahead of him P4P.
      What a ****** reason that would be.

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk has more stoppages than Andre Ward has wins. I guess he should be ranked above him P4P aswell?

Comment

The fight should be at a catchweight in between the two weights. Ward doesn't get credit from me because Dawson had a hard time making 168 to begin with....that's why he moved to 175. If Ward had moved up to 175 and lost, plenty of people would not give Dawson credit either.

It'll be a good win on paper but the reality of it is Dawson is making big sacrifices to make this fight happen.
        Is that so?

When did he state this?

Comment

What a ****** reason that would be.

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk has more stoppages than Andre Ward has wins. I guess he should be ranked above him P4P aswell?

Whatever makes your night better my man...Ward is hyped up...no lie. Martinez has earned his rank, you can't say he didn't...regardless if you like him or not...not one thing is fabricated about the guy, he has traveled the world to beat guys in their own backyards. That is definitely one thing you can't say about Ward right now, no matter hos you want to spin it.

Comment

Is that so?

When did he state this?
            HMMMM.....why has he not been fighting at 168 then? That's where the magic is right, 168? He has moved up throughout the years as his body has filled out just like BHOP did.

Comment

The fight should be at a catchweight in between the two weights. Ward doesn't get credit from me because Dawson had a hard time making 168 to begin with....that's why he moved to 175. If Ward had moved up to 175 and lost, plenty of people would not give Dawson credit either.

It'll be a good win on paper but the reality of it is Dawson is making big sacrifices to make this fight happen.
              That's why I said, if Ward does win and depending on how Dawson looks, they should rematch at 175. I think it's easier for Ward to make 175 than for Dawson to make 168. But the Ward fans will always twist it around and say Dawson volunteered himself to fight at 168...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                That's why I said, if Ward does win and depending on how Dawson looks, they should rematch at 175. I think it's easier for Ward to make 175 than for Dawson to make 168. But the Ward fans will always twist it around and say Dawson volunteered himself to fight at 168...
                I agree 100% man, that would be the only way to make it official. I especially agree with the second part of your post too....you can't even question the guy without some major blowback.....my main gripe is fighting 98% of your fights in your own backyard....not a good look imo.

Comment

Whatever makes your night better my man...Ward is hyped up...no lie. Martinez has earned his rank, you can't say he didn't...regardless if you like him or not...not one thing is fabricated about the guy, he has traveled the world to beat guys in their own backyards. That is definitely one thing you can't say about Ward right now, no matter hos you want to spin it.
                  What are you talking about?

I haven't said anything about Martinez nor Ward.

I'm simply stating your reasoning is incredibly ******. A fighter being ranked above another for having more stoppages is absurd. Martinez has been a pro for what? 10+ years?

Like I said, Krzysztof Wlodarczyk has more stoppages than Ward has fights. He has more stoppages than Martinez has stoppages. He should be ranked higher than both of them, right?

And Ward is hyped most likely because he won the Super Six Tournament whilst barely losing a round.

He has earned his shot as much as Martinez has.

Comment

HMMMM.....why has he not been fighting at 168 then? That's where the magic is right, 168? He has moved up throughout the years as his body has filled out just like BHOP did.
                    So, when did he state that? Or did you just pull that one out your arse?

Dawson seems confident he can make 168. He's said for a while he can make 168. We'll find out in September if he's telling the truth or not.

Comment

What are you talking about?

I haven't said anything about Martinez nor Ward.

I'm simply stating your reasoning is incredibly ******. A fighter being ranked above another for having more stoppages is absurd. Martinez has been a pro for what? 10+ years?

Like I said, Krzysztof Wlodarczyk has more stoppages than Ward has fights. He has more stoppages than Martinez has stoppages. He should be ranked higher than both of them, right?

And Ward is hyped most likely because he won the Super Six Tournament whilst barely losing a round.

He has earned his shot as much as Martinez has.

It was a post on another page that I was actually responding to, you just kind of jumped in and said my response was dumb, so........

Comment

Working...
                      X