Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ward is the future of boxing in my eyes

donaire, canelo, broner will lose very soon

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Why would DLH ask for 147? More pertinent, why would Sergio offer 150 to Floyd and Pac, when this natural super welter won't drop to 154 for Kirkland and such
      From what I read Oscar got his weight down to less than 147 weeks before the fight which is not the way fighters make a light weight. Usually they dry out to make weight and then add 10 to 15 pounds by rehydrating over the next 32 hours. Oscar did not do this and he actually lost 2 pounds by fight time because of his strange way of making weight. If Sergio says he can perform well at 150 I believe him just as I believe Dawson. These are intelligent professionals and they know what they are doing in most cases. Oscar just screwed up. Sergio might weaken himself a bit to get the big bucks that Pac or Floyd wound bring in but Ward is not this huge money fight for Dawson. If you think Dawson will be weak we just disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        From what I read Oscar got his weight down to less than 147 weeks before the fight which is not the way fighters make a light weight. Usually they dry out to make weight and then add 10 to 15 pounds by rehydrating over the next 32 hours. Oscar did not do this and he actually lost 2 pounds by fight time because of his strange way of making weight. If Sergio says he can perform well at 150 I believe him just as I believe Dawson. These are intelligent professionals and they know what they are doing in most cases. Oscar just screwed up. Sergio might weaken himself a bit to get the big bucks that Pac or Floyd wound bring in but Ward is not this huge money fight for Dawson. If you think Dawson will be weak we just disagree.
        I don't know he'll be weak, but based on what I've seen or been told (Cotto Pac in particular), I'd say the odds are against him. Seems unnecessary, Ward would gain much more at 175.

Remember Mosley offering to drop to 142(?) for Pac? Remember Byrd going down to 175? When you're desperate for a big fight or out of options, you'll say, even believe, a lot of things. But we'll see soon enough.

In that video Phenom posted yesterday, Shaw was saying they wanted a cw but were shut down by Team Ward. Hunter: "Chad, speak up, you're not a robot, you're not a slave (wtf?!), speak up Chad..."

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
          I mean hes a Gold Medalist, undefeated and would have beaten Kessler,Froch and Dawson.. Thats pretty impressive..
          How Martinez and Donaire are ahead of him is beyond me..

Martinez lost to Paul Williams, and his signiture win is vs Paul Williams at 160..
          Come on now..

Donaire hasnt fought real comp in YEARS and he keeps ducking elite fighters..

Pac just lost to Tim Dog..(controversial but so what, Pac got 2 fake nods over JMM)

Floyd fights once every 2 years..

Just food for thought
          He should if he was to win and rematched Dawson at 175 and win at that weight class.

Comment

I think so he has fought some pretty good fighters and beat them all no bull s**t.

Comment

I do agree that Ward should be ranked higher than Donaire tho. Possibly Martinez and Dawson not too far behind. I think Dawson's resume is pretty underestimated...

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                I mean hes a Gold Medalist, undefeated and would have beaten Kessler,Froch and Dawson.. Thats pretty impressive..
                How Martinez and Donaire are ahead of him is beyond me..

Martinez lost to Paul Williams, and his signiture win is vs Paul Williams at 160..
                Come on now..

Donaire hasnt fought real comp in YEARS and he keeps ducking elite fighters..

Pac just lost to Tim Dog..(controversial but so what, Pac got 2 fake nods over JMM)

Floyd fights once every 2 years..

Just food for thought

Martinez has more KO's than Ward has total fights/wins..........for starters

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Martinez has more KO's than Ward has total fights/wins..........for starters
                  And your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    I think so he has fought some pretty good fighters and beat them all no bull s**t.
                    How about the guy in your avatar, why did he need a catchweight to win his second divisional belt (vacant) at super bantam from a 37yr old bantam bum? That's some Pac Margo ****, without the 17lb handicap. He's even a bad guy bum like Marg! It'd be even more similar if Mares had disfigured Morel, and next up Nishioka requested a 120 cw against Morel.

Comment

The fight should be at a catchweight in between the two weights. Ward doesn't get credit from me because Dawson had a hard time making 168 to begin with....that's why he moved to 175. If Ward had moved up to 175 and lost, plenty of people would not give Dawson credit either.

It'll be a good win on paper but the reality of it is Dawson is making big sacrifices to make this fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X