Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Guerrero? Did you think Aydin won the fight or what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I actually think he can be competitive with Floyd, but I dont care. I HATE guys being gifted something they dont deserve. Khan, Bradley, Lamont, Berto, Ortiz, EVERYONE wants to fight Floyd. They are all fighting eachother to one day earn it. Robert just jumps classes, clears NONE of the divisions, and just thinks he should be handed the fight without any hard work. I dont care if he is competitive or not, I just dont want Floyd to fight anyone where their will be an asterisk like with JMM Who jumped classes. Everytime Floyd announces a fight, its a GREAT opponent and we all get excited. If he fights Robert, we have to sit through this long promotion, waste of money so he can hurry up, fight him, get that fight over with, then move on to a more credible opponent that has a name that will excite the boxing fans. I wont be interested in watching 24/7 with him and Robert, I wanna see Floyd fight a big strong guy like MAYBE Canelo or Ortiz, or Berto, or Martinez, or a guy like Pac. I dont want him to fight this tall, goofy, cotton punching, slick fighter..FOR WHAT???? I rather he fight Khan who has lightning speed, or a big power puncher like Berto, where Floyd has to avoid them all, or else be in trouble. ANY other fighter with a resume like Robert's, will say, "One day I want to fight Floyd, but I have allot of work to do" KHAN has a better resume, but he wouldnt fight Floyd until he cleared his division, yet Robert just wants to get HANDED a payday. He's a goofy looking, big eared DOPE!!

So you would rather he fights a guy whose coming off back-to-back losses at 140 with no chin or defense rather than a far more well rounded guy that just smashed one of the hardest hitting top 10 Welterweights in the world?

Or a guy who is injured, hes already beaten & is coming off a stoppage loss?

Martinez is at 160 & fighting Chavez Jr.
    Berto is suspended from a failed drug test.

Guerrero is not featherfisted, it takes time to get used to a new weight. He isn't a huge puncher but he definitely has respectable power. He floored Escobedo twice at his real weight where Broner couldn't when he was drained.

He is Floyds mandatory, he has earned his spot by beating Aydin. Something nobody else would risk accomplishing.
    The likes of Khan & Ortiz was too busy fighting mismatches against guys who had everything against them that tore the script up. That is all Josesito Lopez & Danny Garcia was ever meant to be, stepping stones. Reality is Ortiz & Khan suck.

Comment

I never liked him because he talked so much about how great he was and he had not really done much to brag about. This is his best win in my opinion. He clearly won the fight and he is Mayweather's mandatory challenger for the WBC welterweight tittle. That's a good victory and gives him the right to ask for a fight with Mayweather. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        So you would rather he fights a guy whose coming off back-to-back losses at 140 with no chin or defense rather than a far more well rounded guy that just smashed one of the hardest hitting top 10 Welterweights in the world?

Or a guy who is injured, hes already beaten & is coming off a stoppage loss?

Martinez is at 160 & fighting Chavez Jr.
        Berto is suspended from a failed drug test.

Guerrero is not featherfisted, it takes time to get used to a new weight. He isn't a huge puncher but he definitely has respectable power. He floored Escobedo twice at his real weight where Broner couldn't when he was drained.

He is Floyds mandatory, he has earned his spot by beating Aydin. Something nobody else would risk accomplishing.
        The likes of Khan & Ortiz was too busy fighting mismatches against guys who had everything against them that tore the script up. That is all Josesito Lopez & Danny Garcia was ever meant to be, stepping stones. Reality is Ortiz & Khan suck.
        Absolutely, I want Floyd to fight a TRUE fighter who has a resume. They have loses, cuz they fought the best, and when u fight the best, sometimes u win, sometimes u lose. Robert has no resume, all these fighters fought eachother, beat eachother up, knocked eachother out. Robert just jumps to ww, without fighting the best in his divisions, fights ONE guy, and that means he earns a handout fight? I never said Floyd should fight Khan coming off a loss. I said Floyd should fight someone LIKE Khan who has worked hard, and who deserves it. I want Floyd to fight a dangerous fight. When he fought Ortiz we were all excited, cuz Ortiz Tore Berto's azz up. He has so much power, we just dont know what was going to happen. Floyd has to use his defense to avoid all the shots, or else something bad can happen. Or a fight with someone who has tremendous speed like Khan where Floyd would have to resort to brawling and walking threw punches IF Khan started swarming with bevies of combinations. You mean to tell me, you wanna sit through THREE months of promotion for a fight with Cotton fist Robert, no one's getting knocked out, nothing dangerous about the fight. At the most Floyd can get outpointed. And we have to watch them talk trash on 24/7 as if it was a dangerous fight where someone might go to sleep. then we hurry up and get this trash fight over with, Floyd goes on a lay off, and we have to basically sit through ALL of that WASTE of time so we can hurry up and see him fight a more dangerous opponent? Thats a WASTE of time, money, and promotion, and nothing about the fight is exciting. You sound CRAZY trying to justify this guy SKIPPING to divisions, fighting ONE guy now he deserves a fight with Floyd because his wife had cancer, well WHO GIVES A ****!!! Then you criticise Khan for getting knocked out, because he fought EVERYONE and paid the price. If Robert fought Madaina at jr ww, maybe he would get stopped. Rober once said he would fight Martinez for a fight with Floyd, and thats the ONLY way I would want to see him get the fight. Either fight one SUPER tough opponent like Martinez, or clean out 140, and 47' Khan, Ortiz, Berto, Lamont, Zab, Garcia and thats ALLOT of guys he would have to put on his resume, so he's not even CLOSE to deserving. All these fighters going thru hell, and getting knocked out, while Robert sits on the sidelines, fights one guy, now all of a sudden you want him to fight Floyd, GTFO
        Last edited by MurkaMan; 07-29-2012, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Absolutely, I want Floyd to fight a TRUE fighter who has a resume. They have loses, cuz they fought the best, and when u fight the best, sometimes u win, sometimes u lose. Robert has no resume, all these fighters fought eachother, beat eachother up, knocked eachother out. Robert just jumps to ww, without fighting the best in his divisions, fights ONE guy, and that means he earns a handout fight? I never said Floyd should fight Khan coming off a loss. I said Floyd should fight someone LIKE Khan who has worked hard, and who deserves it. I want Floyd to fight a dangerous fight. When he fought Ortiz we were all excited, cuz Ortiz Tore Berto's azz up. He has so much power, we just dont know what was going to happen. Floyd has to use his defense to avoid all the shots, or else something bad can happen. Or a fight with someone who has tremendous speed like Khan where Floyd would have to resort to brawling and walking threw punches IF Khan started swarming with bevies of combinations. You mean to tell me, you wanna sit through THREE months of promotion for a fight with Cotton fist Robert, no one's getting knocked out, nothing dangerous about the fight. At the most Floyd can get outpointed. And we have to watch them talk trash on 24/7 as if it was a dangerous fight where someone might go to sleep. then we hurry up and get this trash fight over with, Floyd goes on a lay off, and we have to basically sit through ALL of that WASTE of time so we can hurry up and see him fight a more dangerous opponent? Thats a WASTE of time, money, and promotion, and nothing about the fight is exciting. You sound CRAZY trying to justify this guy SKIPPING to divisions, fighting ONE guy now he deserves a fight with Floyd because his wife had cancer, well WHO GIVES A ****!!! Then you criticise Khan for getting knocked out, because he fought EVERYONE and paid the price. If Robert fought Madaina at jr ww, maybe he would get stopped. Rober once said he would fight Martinez for a fight with Floyd, and thats the ONLY way I would want to see him get the fight. Either fight one SUPER tough opponent like Martinez, or clean out 140, and 47' Khan, Ortiz, Berto, Lamont, Zab, Garcia. All these fighters going thru hell, and getting knocked out, while Robert sits on the sidelines, fights one guy, now all of a sudden you want him to fight Floyd, GTFO

And what have these other guys done?
          WTF has Ortiz ever done except beat bloody Berto?
          What has Khan done apart from get slapped silly at 140?
          Nothing is dangerous for Floyd about Khan or Ortiz.

The fact he skipped those divisions made his win even more impressive & lets say he stopped off at 140 and fought I dunno say Garcia beforehand you would only say he had only beat a shot Morales & a chinless Khan.

I fully expect Floyd to take some sort of tune up when he gets back, in the mean time Guerrero may even fight somebody else at 147 and make himself more of a worthy opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            And what have these other guys done?
            WTF has Ortiz ever done except beat bloody Berto?
            What has Khan done apart from get slapped silly at 140?
            Nothing is dangerous for Floyd about Khan or Ortiz.

The fact he skipped those divisions made his win even more impressive & lets say he stopped off at 140 and fought I dunno say Garcia beforehand you would only say he had only beat a shot Morales & a chinless Khan.

I fully expect Floyd to take some sort of tune up when he gets back, in the mean time Guerrero may even fight somebody else at 147 and make himself more of a worthy opponent.
            Ortiz has power, and DESTROYED berto, and if he had landed cleanly, he would have potentially KNOCKED Floyd out, but you know that already, your just looking for an angle to debate with. And are you SERIOUSLY gonna compare Robert's resume to Khan and Ortiz? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Those guys been fighting hard, surviving big shots from madiana, on both sides, Ortiz had to get dropped by Madaina. It is ABSOLUTELY NO comparison on who has a batter resume out of Khan and Robert. Thats a silly convo that I just refuse to have. Robert WAS impressive in skipping classes, and beating Aydin, but only one problem. I see the concept of him skipping classes, as him just not having the patience to build his resume. He was calling out Floyd before he even became a WW. Khan ALWAYS said he wasnt ready for Floyd. He ALWAYS said, he wanted to unify before he went to ww, and he even said he wanted to fight a couple of fights at ww, before fighting Floyd. Robert just came out of nowhere calling out Floyd, and indirectly TRICKING yall dumbazzez into THINKING he deserved the fight. If Rober fought Garcia, I would say, "Cool u beat Garcia, and Aydin, now keep going, keep fighting good opponents so you can have a LOOONG resume" Floyd hasnt had a tune up fight since 09. He is so talented he called JMM A tune up, and he called Ortiz a tune up. You get to this lvl and u fight the best back to back, and Im sorry but Robert does not cut the cake. I said he can be competitive, but its gonna be so many asterisk from the haters, that WILL point out that he skipped classes, and basically has not accomplished anything.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
              i actually scored the fight 7-5 for Aydin. not saying it was a robbery but ghost didn't look that good. he was eating a lot of uppercuts and overhand rights. his footwork was slow too. he should move down to 140 imo
              You had aydin winning even though the man himself said he lost? Hmmm ok

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                i actually scored the fight 7-5 for Aydin. not saying it was a robbery but ghost didn't look that good. he was eating a lot of uppercuts and overhand rights. his footwork was slow too. he should move down to 140 imo

Anyway you look at it dummy, he clearly won the fight out-landing the Turk in almost every round. Ghost has a solid chin and all these nay sayers dont know nothing about boxing. Guerrero is a very skilled fighter and he will be a star!!1

Comment

Not an overly impressive win even though the circumstances were stacked up against Guerrero.

The problem is that he is skilled enough, with some type of recognition and is not a power puncher which is the recipe of all top fighters in the weight class would like to face.

A Floyd/Guerrero or a Pac/Guerrero doesn't do anything for me. But he has put himself in line with a credible win.

I rather see him against the top Jr WWs

Comment

there should be a secret bias test when joining bs for some of these morons

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      No hate for Guerrero. Fully expected him to react the way he did. He's a little better than Victor Ortiz at dealing with pressure. Nicest thing I can say.
                      A little better than Ortiz dealing with pressure? Nah, you didn't mean that, that's just absurd.

Comment

Working...
                      X