Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Beats Down Guiterrez; Mikey Garcia Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    I thought mikey was suppose to fight today?What happend?
    Hope mikey gets a title shot.
    if mickey doesn't fight salido next i am done with him...........

the guy just doesn't fight much anymore, he's fading away like pirog.

(thats what happens when you feel you're not ready for specific foes, opportunities will pass you by & you will no longer be known)

horrible business decisions...............

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I think Salido is definitely slowing down.

Really not sure how much he has left. You'd imagine the Lopez wars would take something out of him aswell.
        You think he's already begun his descent, Dan? I don't doubt it. Salido's a classic blue collar guy. He came up the hard way, earning everything he's got. I think guys like that tend to have less longevity than more protected fighters. I think "Siri" has enough juice left to handle Garcia, though. Whatever the case, Orlando's not going down without a whimper.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          You think he's already begun his descent, Dan? I don't doubt it. Salido's a classic blue collar guy. He came up the hard way, earning everything he's got. I think guys like that tend to have less longevity than more protected fighters. I think "Siri" has enough juice left to handle Garcia, though. Whatever the case, Orlando's not going down without a whimper.
          He got dropped twice in the fight he had before the second JuanMa fight. I forget the guy he was fighting, but it was a nobody.

Saldio looked impressive for the majority of the fight but he got dropped twice and hurt on one of them. With someone with a chin as good as Salido's, it came as a shock and a clear indicator he's on the decline to me.

He looks great against Juan Ma aswell but again he got dropped, that's 3 times in 2 fights Salido, a guy who's known for his chin. Alarming signs for me.

I still think he has a list of fights left in the tank but yes I think he's already heading toward the slope.

But, I still think he has a handful of great performances left in him.

Comment

He got dropped twice in the fight he had before the second JuanMa fight. I forget the guy he was fighting, but it was a nobody.

Saldio looked impressive for the majority of the fight but he got dropped twice and hurt on one of them. With someone with a chin as good as Salido's, it came as a shock and a clear indicator he's on the decline to me.

He looks great against Juan Ma aswell but again he got dropped, that's 3 times in 2 fights Salido, a guy who's known for his chin. Alarming signs for me.

I still think he has a list of fights left in the tank but yes I think he's already heading toward the slope.

You make a good case. I do believe, however, the warrior in him would be on full display against someone of Garcia's quality. A guy like Salido tends to rise to the occasion, as with the Lopez bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              You make a good case. I do believe, however, the warrior in him would be on full display against someone of Garcia's quality. A guy like Salido tends to rise to the occasion, as with the Lopez bouts.
              Oh, absolutely.

Like I said, I think he has a handful of great performances left in him.

I'd pick him to beat Garcia.

Comment

in that fight. He got caught with a perfect shot in the chin it can happen to any one. He went in over confident in that fight got caught but as soon as that happend he regrouped and picked up his defense and picked him apart. I think if salido can stand up to garcias shots he will win. Garcia stands to straight and walks down his opponents something that plays right in salidos style.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  if mickey doesn't fight salido next i am done with him...........

the guy just doesn't fight much anymore, he's fading away like pirog.

(thats what happens when you feel you're not ready for specific foes, opportunities will pass you by & you will no longer be known)

horrible business decisions...............
                  U better not be done with mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Against who? You forget, all those things are one thing when the guys you are fighting are not in Salido's league. They are in two different leagues and Salido's pressure will break Garcia down.
                    I'll give you that. War Mikey.

Comment

Working...
                    X