Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd fight...Italian close to getting dropped first two rounds, then he resorts to winning the 3rd but in a clearly dirty (for AM) way by throwing a flurry then holding against a much taller guy who should have just leaned on him.

Comment

• Man Russo is gonna make the fight sooooo ugly

Comment

• Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
        I agree, moustache would have been great lol
        Berinchyk and Khytrov had some but they weren't good enough for a Kozak moustache lol

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
        Usyk lost to this idiot last Olympics...I hope he beats the **** out of him tomorrow.......Coaches better use some influence and talk about the holding by Russo.......I've never seen anything like this a the AMs......it's just straight up dirty tactics.
        "Lost" to Russo. That was one of the worst things i'v ever seen in amateur boxing. Half the points that Russo got were for punches that didn't even land and the ones that did land were 100% slap rabbit punches to the back of Usyk's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Man Russo is gonna make the fight sooooo ugly
          That's why I think the Ukrainian coaching staff should be all up in the grill of the officials prior to the fight talking about this. Not sure how it all works though, but I'm sure they can bring this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
            "Lost" to Russo. That was one of the worst things i'v ever seen in amateur boxing. Half the points that Russo got were for punches that didn't even land and the ones that did land were 100% slap rabbit punches to the back of Usyk's head.
            I don't recall the fight, but this is def not good...Who knows how much money Berlusconi put behind this kid lol....its def a possibility

Comment

I don't recall the fight, but this is def not good...Who knows how much money Berlusconi put behind this kid lol....its def a possibility
              No need for Burlusconi since AIBA is doing it themselves. Russo is their Golden boy and is to be protected at all costs.

http://www.worldseriesboxing.com/new...her-level.aspx

Comment

• Clemente Russo strikes again! I told you he will take gold, Usyk is next.

Lomachenko & Russo to take gold.

Russo is tied 1-1 with Rakhim Chakhkiev, already beaten Usyk, not lost in years 4/1 underdog? Easy money.

Sapiyev on later & Dychko vs Joshua

Comment

• Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                  No need for Burlusconi since AIBA is doing it themselves. Russo is their Golden boy and is to be protected at all costs.

http://www.worldseriesboxing.com/new...her-level.aspx
                  Oh man....Might as well put a bet on russo.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Clemente Russo strikes again! I told you he will take gold, Usyk is next.

Lomachenko & Russo to take gold.

Russo is tied 1-1 with Rakhim Chakhkiev, already beaten Usyk, not lost in years 4/1 underdog? Easy money.

Sapiyev on later & Dychko vs Joshua
                    You actually like the guy mate?

I think he would get dropped in the pro's fast.....He's an odd body for the pros....5'11" or prolly 10" fighting at 201lb......Too small for cruiser and who know if he could go much lower.

And his AM game is not very AM......he just seems odd, just like his wedding outfit.

Comment

You actually like the guy mate?

I think he would get dropped in the pro's fast.....He's an odd body for the pros....5'11" or prolly 10" fighting at 201lb......Too small for cruiser and who know if he could go much lower.

And his AM game is not very AM......he just seems odd, just like his wedding outfit.

I like him though I do find his style ugly too watch at times. I'm not sure he is looking to go pro but I'd say his style was more suited to the pros despite a great success in the amateurs (holds wins over Danny Price, Chakhkiev, Usyk, gave a good account of himself down at 81k against Andre Ward)
                      Euro, World gold medalist, olympic silver medalist & gauranteed at least a silver tomorrow.

He probably gets more as an amateur than he would at cruiser in the pros. The Italians are guaranteed £175,000 for a gold plus his modelling, films, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X