Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Pacquiao's punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    it seem to me like bradley traded with manny alot, more than any other recent opponent
    ^^^Church..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      This is a poor excuse..The ref was in the ring,it's his decision..Pac's job is to fight...
      I'm not making an excuse, i'm just saying what i think.

have you ever slowly beaten a guy to death with your hands while his eye bone is hanging off of his face? I haven't but I imagine it's a traumatic experience.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Clottey paid to lose in house fight .

Hatton , new trainer , never the same after Floyd , looked like crap in comeback and he was dabbling in drugs , walked in hands down .

Cotto , no CW no fight , and that stands today .

Odh , the worst case of a super fight weight drained fighter in history , need IV fluids to gain 2 lbs , Oscar was a rag doll and killed at the scales .

Margo , no CW no fight , 26 ft ring , 8oz gloves and Margo needed diuretics to make weight after 2 yrs out and a terrible 154 fight , the huge ring was just in case Margo had anything .

Mosley was ducked when winning while Mosley was begging for a fight at a ridicules 144 , after 2 loses weight dont matter and Manny fights him and looks as frustrated as hell with a shot fighter that can box .

JMM brought up to 147 with Roach saying he will be more stationary and slower , it backfired and Roach learned draining is not the same as bringing them up where they are stronger .

Bradley brought up to 147 for the same reasons and once again it backfired .

Mannys WW resume is a match making hype job and its all very clear if you read the fine print surrounding all of his WW fights .

He never had the power the match making alluded he had , simply because the opponents were in a weakened state off course your look stronger harder punching , its not where did it go it was it was not there with healthy fighters , how many times do you guys need to see that before it sinks in , power is the last thing that a boxer has it never goes , it just wasnt there .
        Damn................

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post

have you ever slowly beaten a guy to death with your hands while his eye bone is hanging off of his face? I haven't but I imagine it's a traumatic experience.
          These guy's are fighters bro,don't compare them to an average guy..Pac also did not do to much damage towards the end of that fight..Pac been let off the gas as Marga's could not see Pac anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Damn................

any bad chick can get it, but do they want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post

I don't think that was it at all, but you are right that it started to go wrong in that fight. Pacquiao took a physical beating that night, most people look at Margarito because he really did take a brutal beating, and it was a one sided fight, but it was high contact for both fighters and for me in a winning effort Pacquiao took something permanent out of himself. He is not designed to take punches off guys this big, the Cotto fight too, dominant on the cards but very high contact. You consider the wars with Marquez, Morales, and Barrera (not so much) and Pac has had a very long and tough career, the decline he has started to face is very logical.

It has happened to plenty of fighters...in fact I remember the first Morales-Pac fight, one of my fav fights, in the 12th round Morales stood southpaw toe to toe and I remember thinking at the end, wow that was tough. He really beat Manny very clearly but the physical toll he took in that fight and in the 12th round, in the backof my head I thought that will cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Clottey paid to lose in house fight .

Hatton , new trainer , never the same after Floyd , looked like crap in comeback and he was dabbling in drugs , walked in hands down .

Cotto , no CW no fight , and that stands today .

Odh , the worst case of a super fight weight drained fighter in history , need IV fluids to gain 2 lbs , Oscar was a rag doll and killed at the scales .

Margo , no CW no fight , 26 ft ring , 8oz gloves and Margo needed diuretics to make weight after 2 yrs out and a terrible 154 fight , the huge ring was just in case Margo had anything .

Mosley was ducked when winning while Mosley was begging for a fight at a ridicules 144 , after 2 loses weight dont matter and Manny fights him and looks as frustrated as hell with a shot fighter that can box .

JMM brought up to 147 with Roach saying he will be more stationary and slower , it backfired and Roach learned draining is not the same as bringing them up where they are stronger .

Bradley brought up to 147 for the same reasons and once again it backfired .

Mannys WW resume is a match making hype job and its all very clear if you read the fine print surrounding all of his WW fights .

He never had the power the match making alluded he had , simply because the opponents were in a weakened state off course your look stronger harder punching , its not where did it go it was it was not there with healthy fighters , how many times do you guys need to see that before it sinks in , power is the last thing that a boxer has it never goes , it just wasnt there .

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post

thats the same way i felt after reading reloads post

Comment

Marquez never seemed that bothered, but Bradley was hurt multiple times and did a very good job staying on his feet and surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post

thats the same way i felt after reading reloads post
                      reloaded droped a monster hand. **** was dinomite!!!The gif just seemed so appropriate

Rock on brotha!!!
                      Last edited by littlemac; 07-27-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X