Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Pacquiao's punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only guys he destroys are with draining CWs or they shot with a coke habit and new trainer .

Comment

He's strong, but his power is not out of this world.

DelaHoya: TKO, fight was stopped in the corner due to accumulation of punches.
      Hatton: Brutal KO, terrible defense by the british.
      Cotto : TKO, fight stopped by the referee due to accumulation of punches
      Clottey : Decision
      Margarito : Decision
      Mosley : Decision
      Marquez: Decision
      Bradley: Decision

He beats guys due to his work rate and accumulation of punches, but he's never been a super powerful boxer.

Comment

He's NOT a power puncher, never was! He works in combinations and if the opponent will trade with him he has a chance to wear him down but most of men fighting today don't sit down on their shots and look to inflict damage they box like amatuers and score points. Manny is an action fighter who seems to be bored with the entire scene now. He's done alot and has covered divisions better than just about anyone before him. One of the few I'd pay to see but he has one or two good ones left! Or Not! Ray.

Comment

I definitely think it is the speed thing, he has been in decline since Margarito, and even in that fight I started noticing he was slowing down, at the time i thought it was the weight, but I think it is obvious now he is in a slow decline. His legs don't look so great anymore, they are not consistent, you can see Manny sometimes can't move like he wants to.

Add to that, I think when Manny moved up to 140-147 all those guys who got knocked out and hurt fought the wrong fight. They all stood in front of him or tried to walk him down and walked straight into a hurricane, thinking they could overpower him. He peaked against Cotto, that was his night.

Against Bradley, well he hit him so hard he broke his own ankle when he was on wobbly legs. Bradley is a resilient guy to say the least. Even at his best I think Pacquiao would have problems getting Timmyout of there.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Pac destroyed Mosley with one punch, and JMM Little 40 yr old azz took his punches like it was nothing, his power IS gone. This is a guy who is known for walking down smw's, and dropping ww's with potshots.
            What do you mean he destroyed Mosley? A knockdown is a destruction now? Mosley got dropped because Pacquiao feinted him and then landed a hard left hand, when he started moving to Pac's right he didn't get caught again. JMM was moving from the beginning and didn't allow Pac to plant his feet and sit down on his shots. You are very ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Ok, lets take a look.

Delahoya : TKO
              Hatton : KO
              Cotto : TKO
              Clottey : scared to throw because of too much power
              Margarito : Almost killed, beating to a bloody pulp
              Mosley : (says he has never been hit as hard)

JMM : Barely a bruise on him
              Bradley : Had 2 foot injurys, no major bruising, and not even a knockdown.

What happened to Pacquiao's power?
              Notice after the PAC Cotto fight no more kos, Floyd went on his crusade and voila no more kos

Naw but really PAC only looks dominant vs stationary fighters and face first brawlers.
              Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                What do you mean he destroyed Mosley? A knockdown is a destruction now? Mosley got dropped because Pacquiao feinted him and then landed a hard left hand, when he started moving to Pac's right he didn't get caught again. JMM was moving from the beginning and didn't allow Pac to plant his feet and sit down on his shots. You are very ignorant.
                Floyd beat Mosley more impressively IMO! That was a masterpiece of a performance. It was amazing to witness especially after that 2nd round

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  He's NOT a power puncher, never was! He works in combinations and if the opponent will trade with him he has a chance to wear him down but most of men fighting today don't sit down on their shots and look to inflict damage they box like amatuers and score points. Manny is an action fighter who seems to be bored with the entire scene now. He's done alot and has covered divisions better than just about anyone before him. One of the few I'd pay to see but he has one or two good ones left! Or Not! Ray.
                  Bored? Naw he just can't cut off the ring and deal with fighters that move.

Comment

killer instinct is gone

Comment

This(in a sense)is some people over reacting to Pac losing his last fight and not looking good(many people thought Pac lost)against Marquez..Pac(imo)still beats most at 147lb or 140lb..Pac's last fight he fought a guy who was younger and just as quick with good defense and amazing stamina..I don't believe we've ever seen Pac fight someone with that skill set..In the fight with Marquez chalk it up to Marquez knowing Pac very well,imo Marquez is 1-1-1 in that trilogy..But it's obvious Pac ran into two fighters that was ready for him..

Pac is the same fighter(no doubt his ability has went some)he always has been..Not to many fighters would beat him...

Comment

Working...
                      X