Richard Schafer: Broner is available for Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa will hurt Broner. Broner doesnt have the skills Gamboa have

Comment

so does Floyd want to take Broner under his wing, or crush him for being a wannabe? seems like the latter.

Comment

dont make the fight happen yet, let them fight in 3-5 years, if Broner take a lost, he won't be the next Mayweather. Bad Idea

Comment

I like the diversity of opinions this match-up causes. Like "Mathed," I'm pretty confident in Yuri at 130. At 135 things get unclear. Broner is a big kid. He has good defensive skills and a strength advantage. Power is comparable. Gamboa is faster and more athletic. It's a star-making match-up. Both are on target, although Yuri took a little detour. This fight would make a lot of people happy, starting with me.

Comment

I dont even think that Broner is capable of beating Lundy, not yet Gamboa, please

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Yup. Just like when he said "Garcia vs. Matthyse, can you imagine that?" and then goes forward to make Garcia vs. Morales 2.
              But Lucas is already matched against Olusegun, so he wasn't even an option.

Ideally, I would like both Gamboa and Broner to pick up a belt at 135 before fighting each other. Broner could fight Lundy, which leads him to a fight with the winner of DeMarco/Molina. Gamboa could fight Abril for the WBA contender spot, or fight Bogere for the WBO contender spot.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                I dont even think that Broner is capable of beating Lundy, not yet Gamboa, please
                I think Broner is definitely good; he's been successful during a long amateur career and now in the pros. One of the biggest things working against him, in my opinion, is his age. Versus Gamboa his youth wouldn't be an asset. Yuri is in his prime, a fighter who's right around the very peak of his powers. Adrien is still evolving. I think Gamboa will have a definite edge in hardness over Broner. Adrien's biggest hope right now is his size advantage. As I said: at 130, "El Ciclon"...at 135, not so clear.

Comment

holy *****

lets fukin do it!!!!!!!!!!put this fight on hbo baby!!!!!!!!!top rank cant stop it so what up 50?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I think Broner is definitely good; he's been successful during a long amateur career and now in the pros. One of the biggest things working against him, in my opinion, is his age. Versus Gamboa his youth wouldn't be an asset. Yuri is in his prime, a fighter who's right around the very peak of his powers. Adrien is still evolving. I think Gamboa will have a definite edge in hardness over Broner. Adrien's biggest hope right now is his size advantage. As I said: at 130, "El Ciclon"...at 135, not so clear.
                    thats gio gonzolez in your pic rite? im a yankee fan but i knew the kid would be something special since back when he played with the a's

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                      broner will beat lundy. id bet all my points on that. broner is a level above him imo. lundy has major flaws in his game, broner has flaws but they are minor in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X