Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighters today would be able to last in the bare knuckle days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fighters today would be able to last in the bare knuckle days?

The ones i think are kind of old school themselves, James Toney,Evander Holyfield. Today's fighters are rather soft and most can't even go 12 damn rounds.Now back in the day you had to fight until someone was knocked out or quit and there were no gloves.

Originally posted by bare knuckle View Post
    The ones i think are kind of old school themselves, James Toney,Evander Holyfield. Today's fighters are rather soft and most can't even go 12 damn rounds.Now back in the day you had to fight until someone was knocked out or quit and there were no gloves.
    larry

go to bed

if you arent larry:

if you put pioneer type boxers (lets say pre jack johnson,) in with more modern fighters they'd get the trash kicked out of them
    Last edited by New England; 07-25-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I don't think any fighter alive today could last with a guy who fought in B&W.

Comment

You also have to take into consideration that they wore leggings & fought on grass embankments which automatically makes them an ATG & a HOFer

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          larry

go to bed

if you arent larry:

if you put pioneer type boxers (lets say pre jack johnson,) in with more modern fighters they'd get the trash kicked out of them
          But what if they had no gloves on,that is the question

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            You also have to take into consideration that they wore leggings & fought on grass embankments which automatically makes them an ATG & a HOFer
            They had no air condition,no color on the tv,no gloves and no endorsements.they fought for milk money they should be appreciated for the true warriors they are.

Comment

I actually think Prince Naseem was this bare knuckle boxer in another life..

Comment

I'll bite;
                Hopkins
                Marquez
                Guererro
                Chisora
                Margarito

That's not a favorites list, just a few guys I think are gritty enough to do it.

Comment

Margarito
                  Mosley
                  Mayorga
                  PAC

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I actually think Prince Naseem was this bare knuckle boxer in another life..

Amazing resemblance
                    Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                    I'll bite;
                    Hopkins
                    Marquez
                    Guererro
                    Chisora
                    Margarito

That's not a favorites list, just a few guys I think are gritty enough to do it.
                    Nice list man

Comment

Working...
                    X