No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas Vs Miguel Cotto at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    The bold is BS and you know it. Mayorga won the first fight and IMO lost the 2nd fight. But regardless of the outcomes one thing is for sure Mayorga didn't beat the hell out of Forrest in the 2nd fight. The first can't really remember but Mayorga won that in style if I'm not mistaken rocked Forrest a few times.
    He knocked him out in the first fight and won a close fight in the rematch. I'd say he got the better of Forrest. You're right, he didn't beat his ass in the second fight.

My point was that people are saying that Mayorga was a bum and anyone should have beat him, which isn't true. In his prime, he was a handful.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Vargas would have the power advantage but Cotto is the better boxer with the better defence. Vargas is extremly overrated I mean yes he beat Quartey but he arguably lost to Winky and got beat by Trinidad, De La Hoya, Mosley and Mayorga.
      How many of those guys would Cotto beat? And Mosley that fought Vargas > Mosley that fought Cotto.

Comment

I think I'd lean toward Vargas.

Comment

Dela Hoya could have fought Cotto at welterweight but didn't. This is back in 2008 when Top Rank and Golden Boy where still doing business together. Wonder why though?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
            Why are people always assiociating Cotto with "lack of heart", "undetermined" and "quiting"?

Get hit with loaded golves/wraps and see what happends. Miguel has been down and got up and KO'd his opponents. Has been in war and returned victorious.

!
            Tito got caught with bad wraps, For all we know he was probably using them against Vargas. But one thing is for certain, Vargas didn't quit.
            On top of that Tito was hitting his balls when he got hurt.

ALL BS aside, I enjoyed watching both fighters.
            Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 07-25-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
              That statement holds no value. Vargas was shot to pieces by the time they fought, as was Mayorga when he fought Cotto.

You're a good poster. You should know that triangle theories are garbage.
              it was a simple way to say i think cotto's the better fighter. cotto's longevity, heart, left hook and overall skillset makes him so. if this were 2000 and a plump cotto fights a prime vargas, yeah, my money's on vargas.

Comment

Vargas was simply too big. Maybe a good fight at the later stage of Vargas career. Prime Vargas IMO beats any version of Cotto.

Also Vargas was to brave for his chin

Comment

Vargas KO !

Comment

Vargas by KO in 9

Comment

Cotto has not proven himself at 154lbs. Fighting a feathering fisted one legged Rabbi, and a 147lb boxer (regardless of Floyd's greatness he does not come close to possessing the power to test Cotto's 154lb status). Feroz was a true 154 pounder, this fight could not be made prime for prime, but if it's best 154lb Cotto vs Prime Vargas it ends with Cotto KO'ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X