No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas Vs Miguel Cotto at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    That statement holds no value. Vargas was shot to pieces by the time they fought, as was Mayorga when he fought Cotto.

You're a good poster. You should know that triangle theories are garbage.
    Even a shot fighter should be able to beat Mayorga. Mosley did it.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
      Mosley wasn't shot when he fought Mayorga, past his prime but not shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
        cotto looks like a really good boxer against someone like margarito. but if you look at cotto/pac and jmm/pac you can see the difference between a great boxer and a good one. vargas boxed in all his best fights. winning the title against campus (who is just as good as margarito, if not better). winky backed him up and he boxed him. and he boxed quartey in his best performance. cotto has not shown those kind of boxing skills vs. top level fighters.
        Cotto vs Pac= Trainer Santiago <--What was his advised in the fight?
        Jab,jab,jab. Do you think he made any plan as how to fight Pacquiao other than jab?

JMM vs Pac= Trainer Nacho
        JMM is a great boxer and Mayweather is a great boxer but did you see their fight. Who was the better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Mosley wasn't shot when he fought Mayorga, past his prime but not shot.
          Ok, he was losing the fight. If it wasn't for the KO he would have lose the fight.

Comment

Vargas would have the power advantage but Cotto is the better boxer with the better defence. Vargas is extremly overrated I mean yes he beat Quartey but he arguably lost to Winky and got beat by Trinidad, De La Hoya, Mosley and Mayorga.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              Yeah and Mayorga beat the hell out of Vernon Forrest twice. Remember him? The guy who handed Mosley his ass to him twice?

Comment

Prime vargas against a prime cotto would be great. Pick em fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  Yeah and Mayorga beat the hell out of Vernon Forrest twice. Remember him? The guy who handed Mosley his ass to him twice?
                  The bold is BS and you know it. Mayorga won the first fight and IMO lost the 2nd fight. But regardless of the outcomes one thing is for sure Mayorga didn't beat the hell out of Forrest in the 2nd fight. The first can't really remember but Mayorga won that in style if I'm not mistaken rocked Forrest a few times.

Comment

I would take Vargas at his best over Cotto at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by 713832281 View Post
                      Prime vargas against a prime cotto would be great. Pick em fight.
                      A 154 lber against a 140 lber? I'm thinking i'll go with Vargas.

Comment

Working...
                      X